Search results

1. polarbear65

Water Softener Salt With Iron

I have a bottle of Raze Out. Is that about the same thing as Iron Out? Raze Out is made by Morton. As such, do you think this the same chemical they use in the Rust Out pellets?
  2. polarbear65

The guy who installed it said that pellets have glue in them which could lead to fouling. He recommended using diamond crystals and wanted to install a res drip mechanism. I could easily install this thing, but then I have to continue buying the stuff that goes into it. The Morton rust remover...
  3. polarbear65

I now have a brand new Clack WS-1 up and running. My water hardness is 34 and the iron is 2.2. For simplicity, I would like to use Morton Rust Remover or Diamond Crystal Red Out pelletts. But I've heard that using these could harm the softener. I find it hard to believe, but I thought I'd ask...
  4. polarbear65

Water Softener Recommendation

Thanks. How would you compare a Fleck 7000 to the Clack? Also, what do you know about IWT products? Looks like they're made in China and distributed out of Canada.
  5. polarbear65

Thanks. What about the warranties? Does Clack warranty the product? It looks to me like the warranty is from the installation company.
  6. polarbear65

I need a new water softener and am considering the Autotrol 255-MT-480, which includes a turbulator, and a Clack WS-1 unit. They would be installed by the sellers. My water hardness is 35 and iron is 2. Which one should I go with? Also, It seems that the warranties are really provided by the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks