Search results

1. craigw78

Need help with cycling issue- Monitor MZ25S Boiler

Thanks everyone for your feedback and insight. After speaking with the HVAC designer I consulted after I purchased the boiler it appears the best thing to do is replace the boiler and go a different route. Dana's calculations are exactly right and unfortunately it’s not really practical to add...
  2. craigw78

I was just looking at a Lochinvar Knight manual and surprisingly (at least to me) the recommended pump size for a 20 degree temp rise is Grundfos 26-99 or Taco 013 or 011. This got me rethinking my situation and now I am wondering if my pumps are in fact too small? This just seems like an...
  3. craigw78

So I piped in a 40 gallon water heater as a buffer tank this weekend and still have cycling issues. My burner is still firing for only about 35 to 45 seconds before shutting off. I have a no contact thermometer that I used to take a bunch of readings on the piping. It appears the flow through...
  4. craigw78

Hi Jim and BBP. Welcome to the party & thanks for the input. Its reassuring to hear that although my boiler and system design has obvious problems things are likely salvageable. I will let everyone know how my project works out. Hopefully i can address some of the issues this weekend...
  5. craigw78

Unfortunately my past usage would probably be less accurate than a size based room by room calc. For the last two winters I haven't spent much time at home and kept the heat 60 degrees or lower the majority of the time without really heating my basement at all. In addition, I recently replaced...
  6. craigw78

Yeah this whole process has been rather eye opening. I have learned an incredible amount in a short time, most of it pleasant, but then again, I am a ways from having a viable, efficient system. I had a hvac engineer check out my system last night and he indicated its not nearly as bad off as...
  7. craigw78

Hi Dana, thank you for weighing in. Before I started my project I received bids from 2 plumbers. I requested bids on combi-boilers because of the marketing hype. Both plumbers happily told me they would install combi-boilers and charge me between five and six grand for the work. When asked...
  8. craigw78

Thanks for the input Tom Thank you for your suggestion Tom. After posting my thread I noticed the earlier posts about buffer tanks and it looks like that will be a good place to start. Badger, in researching my project I have read a number of your comments on other member’s posts and...
  9. craigw78

I just finished installing a Monitor MZ25S Boiler and am having trouble with excessive cycling. It’s a NON-MODULATING combi boiler and the DHW side operates fine. However, when warmed up, and operating in heating mode, the burner fires for less than a minute and shuts down. The pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks