Search results

1. BillEbob

Average usage between Softner and Utility bill way off

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses. I did have to unstick that turbine paddle wheel thingy when I first installed the softner. I went a long time with no regens and when I call the service center they walked me thru the process of getting to it and giving it a push. I'll just chalk it up to...
  2. BillEbob

Average usage between Softner and Utility bill way off

My water softner says I use around 130 gallons per day on average and my water bill states 200 per day. Could there be that much of a difference? As I understand it the outside faucets and sprinkler system wouldn't be reflected on the softner but I'm not using any outside water other then to...
  3. BillEbob

Delay from when pressure switch clicks and pump turns on

LOL... Appreciated all the great renovation ideas!!!!! Actually I'm having Bee Cave Drilling replace the pump Today. I got a contract on my house and I guess they would rather have a reputable company do the job then me and my lackies. Thanks for all the great knowledge!!!!
  4. BillEbob

Pulling it myself has been on my mind for while. I have 2 strong brother in laws and 2 nephew football players that could help me. I built the well house so it can be removed in sections. The roof will come off in 1 piece. I'll probably need everyone over to lift it off though. I should have...
  5. BillEbob

Found the invoice. pump is a Gould 10GS15, motor 1.5 hp Franklin, only one check valve on the invoice, sch 80 1.25 PVC. Timing changed a little. Still about 30 seconds from cut-in to increased pressure but an addition 9 seconds from pressure to cut-out (maybe a hole is getting bigger). I still...
  6. BillEbob

Control box is rated for 1 to 1.5 hp. Nothing noted about actual pump installed. I will install the additional pressure gauge next. I guess that may tell the story if there is only a check valve at the switch and pump? Any idea of the thread size on the PRV?
  7. BillEbob

Not sure. The only thing I can find at the moment is the drilling report.
  8. BillEbob

Got a hold of a meter Today. Cut in amperage was 11.7. It seemed to slowly climb to about 12.3 for the 30 seconds and then stayed around 12.0 till cut out.
  9. BillEbob

I have spent a lot of time sitting and watching the cycle. Everything is quite until the 30 sec mark when I hear the inrush of water but no visible shock or release of air can be heard. Sometimes I hear a bloup in the tank when near full but I have never noticed any air from the faucets. I'm...
  10. BillEbob

It looks like the first one except the threads for the switch and gauge are 90 degrees apart. If I remove the checkvalve on top and bottom checkvalves fails, won't that suck the bladder in the tank for another 14.7 psia in the opposite direction?
  11. BillEbob

I'm not sure of the number of checkvalves. As you may have guessed I'm not super familiar with these systems. On the very top of the well is a big brass elbow with a pressure relief on the top. Is that possibly a checkvalve? Only other big brass fitting is where the pressure switch and gauge...
  12. BillEbob

Absolutely. I was checking out the website. Makes sense to me. I too would have guessed that the pump would be using more power when choked. I tested a Physicist here at work with that question but he got it right.
  13. BillEbob

Probably be better to calculate the time from cut in to cut out since that would be when the pump is operating in the proper context.
  14. BillEbob

Another slight problem is that in my infinite wisdom I built and really nice well house around the pump and tank and my landscaping doesn't lend itself to getting a truck back to it. I did construct the well house so it can be dismantled in parts. I have seen a few youtube videos of portable...
  15. BillEbob

I timed it over the weekend with a stopwatch. It took 31 seconds from when the pressure switch cut in to when the pressure started to rise and 114 seconds for the pressure switch to cut out at 62 psi with an 80 gal tank. No water was being used from the time of cut in to cut out. Correction: 31...
  16. BillEbob

If I do pull the pump I'll probably replace it too since it's 10 yr old along with the check valves. If I do procrastinate (more than the week so far) how will it cost me more than that?
  17. BillEbob

When I had the pressure switch set at 40 to 60, flow to my home would sometimes stop momentarily if I was using a lot of water since it takes 30 seconds for the pump to start increasing the pressure. Presumably due to a bad check valve at the pump. Running 2 showers or the sprinkler system would...
  18. BillEbob

80 Gal pre-charged to 36 psi, Don't remember the brand.
  19. BillEbob

Sorry... I may not have described the cycle well enough. The system is now cycling properly at current pressure switch settings. Cut in at 45, cut out at 60. But when the pump cuts in it takes 30 seconds for the pressure to start rising.
  20. BillEbob

Looks like I have the same problem. I wasn't able to get a hold of an amp meter but everything now points to a bad check valve or a hole. It now takes exactly 30 seconds every time for the pressure to rise when the pressure switch cuts in. Doesn't seem like I'm getting any air. I was able to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks