Search results

1. M

Is this portable generator hook-up OK?

I think the materials would be about $500 ($350 for 10-switch panel; $90 for 40' 10/4 cable; $50 inlet box), so I agree that $1100-1350 for labor seems a little high, but that was the range from 3 electricians in my area (maybe post-hurricane price jump?). As for number of circuits, the price...
  2. M

Thanks for all the great comments. I've gotten quotes to install a 10-circuit transfer switch with the same run described above, and they've ranged $1600-$1850 for materials and labor. Just can't swing that right now for a device that may only be used once per year. Is the Y cord splitter...
  3. M

I'm looking for some middle ground between running extension cords to my portable generator vs. a transfer switch. Please let me know if you see any downside to this hookup: (1) 15-foot L14-30 cable from 7500W generator to 30A outside inlet box; => (2) 50' 10 gauge/4 conductor cable to female...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks