Search results

1. Mikeazo

Cloudy water after heavier than normal use

Just in case anyone is interested. We had a new well drilled. Water is as clear as can be. Have had no problems at all even after very heavy use.
  2. Mikeazo

I found the well log for our neighbor's well which was drilled only a few years after ours (back in the 60's). It shows Formations From To Clay 0 9 Gravel 9 20 Clay 20 168 Sand 168 174...
  3. Mikeazo

Wanted to post a few updates. Haven't talked to the well guy about a dole valve yet (been very busy here), but I left a message for him yesterday, so I should hear back today or tomorrow. So, they cleaned the well on Friday, Feb 28. By the next afternoon, Saturday, Mar 1, the water in the house...
  4. Mikeazo

I checked with the county. They have well logs for some homes in the area, but not a lot. It was drilled in 1960 so their record keeping must have not been great then. Other logs for the area show hitting gravel around 40 feet. The guys here today said the static water level was at 40 feet. Pump...
  5. Mikeazo

Here is a picture of the damage around the well. Seems like an awful lot of gravel but maybe that is to be expected. Not looking forward to cleaning it up :) At least I don't have to mow yet. In the end they ran the air for about an hour maybe an hour and 15 min. Then put the pump back in and...
  6. Mikeazo

After about 30, 40 minutes of pushing air in, their hose clogged. Said they had never had a hose clog before. Before that happened, I got this pic. Took a few others, but they were all about the same. After they got the hose cleared out, they pushed it back in, but not quite as deep...
  7. Mikeazo

Thanks for the info. Which end of the system does the dole valve go, at the pump or in the house by the tank? Had to move the cleaning to tomorrow. I'll see if I can get pics to please the masses :) I also plan on discussing dole valves.
  8. Mikeazo

For some reason I didn't see your post until now. In the past I had filled up a glass with water and let it sit for a week or two with no noticeable change in cloudiness. There was some minor settling of sediment in the bottom, but not a lot. I didn't do the bottle, so I don't know if a bubble...
  9. Mikeazo

Wanted to post an update to this. I ended up deciding to call in a professional in to look at it. The guy came out the other day to check things out. Went straight to the toilet to have a look in the tank. There was build up on the inside of the tank (not surprising). It is dark in color and...
  10. Mikeazo

Thought I'd throw another piece of info out there. I doubt this will make much of a difference. When I was doing some testing a while back I noticed that the pump turns on at 50psi and turns off at 75psi. From what I saw online that was higher than I expected. Also, a while back I emptied the...
  11. Mikeazo

Sorry, I don't have any other info. I tried to request the well log from the county and they didn't have it. When we bought the house we had the quantity and quality tested. Quality passed fine (though it was pumping out this cloudy water). For quantity they left it running from a spigot for a...
  12. Mikeazo

I appreciate the info. I don't really notice it happening when it rains, and I was watering the back lawn while the well is drilled in the front. Now that it is winter I have a little more info to report. We continue to get cloudy water after heavy use. For example, when we wash a number of...
  13. Mikeazo

Bought a home with well water almost 2 years ago. Every once in awhile the water will look cloudy for a day or two. We have a whole house filter (paper cartridge, 50 micron) and a water softener (been putting rust removing salt in it the whole time). I kept trying to figure out what triggered...
  14. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

The well test came back negative. The water from the bibs was still colored when I went back to the house about a week after the inspection. Upon my realtor's advice, I had a plumber come out to look at things. The plumber suggested having someone pull the pump out and testing the line for...
  15. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

Thanks both for the info. That is what I really wanted to know. The problem now is that I don't actually own the house yet (closing next month). So, I probably can't go run the water for a few days or do a chlorine flush with well recirculation. I'll tell the seller that I want them to do that...
  16. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

All, thanks for all the help. And sorry about the confusing first post. Hopefully things are clearer now (no pun intended). Anyways, got some pictures today. These are from the inspection.
  17. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

Not sure why there is so much confusion, I thought I was pretty clear. The inspectors did 2 tests. One to measure quantity, one to measure quality. To test quantity, they turned on an outside bib and left it running to see how many gallons per min they could get (quantity). They said that was...
  18. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

You probably just lost your money then :) because I was there the whole time and watched while the water ran for an hour. Then I watched as he filled the bucket up and saw the brown water for myself. I'm curious as to what you mean by "flame the outlet". I've tried to find out what that means...
  19. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

Not sure where the "mouldy hose" part came in. The inspector ran the outdoor hose for about an hour then filled up a bucket to see what the water looked like. For the quality test, he took a sample from the kitchen sink I believe. The problem was that even after running the hose for an...
  20. Mikeazo

Vacant home well issue

My offer was accepted on a home earlier this week. The inspectors were out today for the home inspection. I had them do a quantity and quality test on the well. They ran water from a hose outside for about an hour, then filled up a bucket with the outside water. The water was a light brown...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks