Search results

1. Amish Electrician

Wall Mount: How Much Wall?

I intend to have a wall-mounted toilet in my new bath. I have a pair of questions about mounting the toilet. 1) Is 3/4" plywood strong enough to hang the toilet from? and, 2) Is a 2x6 framed wall thick enough, both to support the load and to have enough room for the plumbing? The wall...
  2. Amish Electrician

"Temporary" Shower?

As I gear up for the big remodel .... Has anyone ever set up a 'temporary' shower? I'm thinking of getting one of those pre-fab enclosures, setting it on a little platform in the laundry room, and using it while the beal bath is remodeled. Any hints, tips, or suggestions? After all, a...
  3. Amish Electrician

Is Rinnai Worth the Premium?

Just to remind folks, I am doing a complete-gut remodel of my 1957 house. I plan to complete the framing changes this Spring, and be ready to call in the plumber around Memorial Day. Those with supreme memories will recall that my little house will have a few unique twists to the plumbing. I...
  4. Amish Electrician

Design Issue: Standard or rear discharge?

Folks, as my name suggests, I'm no plumber. I bought a rather well-worn house, one that needs a complete gut remodel. Plus, the 1957 cast iron sewer is toast. My remodel will involve relocating every plumbing fixture, as well as shifting some walls. I'll have room for a rather generous...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks