Search results

1. Mikect05

How does this look

Again this was done in haste as I had sewage backing up into my sink and washer. We have been using both the washer and the sink without problem until now when I have some time to tackle this. The pump pit had a studor vent attached temporarily until i could open up the wall on the first floor...
  2. Mikect05

How does this look

Well I had to do something because I cant have crap backing back up into our laundry. I know this is not right, I struggled with this due in part with the limited space. That's why I am asking for help here.
  3. Mikect05

How does this look

Thank you HJ, you are right the washer trap is not vented, I will add that now, do you see any other issues? I have not run the vent for the sewage pump yet either.
  4. Mikect05

Venting

Sorry I need some clarification on this as I have had two plumbers tell me conflicting information. At first I was made to believe that as long as all fixtures were vented properly than I could join them together above flood height or 42" as a 3" as that is my drain size and have that exit...
  5. Mikect05

Venting

No comments huh? I am now running the 3" vent directely from the main drain line up through the roof. Is there any problem with putting a few bends in it as long as it stays at least at a 45 degree angle up?
  6. Mikect05

How does this look

Hi can I get some comments on this plumbing. I did this so I could have a back flow preventer on my laundry sink and wash machine. The 2" pvc coming from the left is from my washer trap. and the other pipe is for the laundry sink. I really had very little room because the laundry sink is so...
  7. Mikect05

Venting

Hi, I am completely remodeling our first floor bathroom. I have a question about venting it. Our main drain pipe leaving the house is 3". I would like to have the main vent stack to be 2" so that it can fit in the wall. It will serve a Toilet and a Bathtub, Once it gets to the attic I will...
  8. Mikect05

Using a reducing Y to vent a toilet

Awesome. Thank you HJ. So the 10' dimension to the vent... I can run a 4" drain from toilet and it will meet up with the main drain at exactly 9' away. My main drain however is 3" abs, can I use a 3x3x4 fernco, 4 being the arm from the toilet, and 3 straight up for the vent, and 3 straight...
  9. Mikect05

I will have to measure it out to see if I have room for the 45 degree angle up to get to the wall. If I do use 4" pvc for the drain, would that mean I would be good both IPC and UPC? I read that a 4" pipe can have a run from closet to vent of 10' under UPC. Is that correct? Therefore is...
  10. Mikect05

If the toilet drain is 4" do I need a vent at all since It will run into the main vent within 10'?
  11. Mikect05

Hi, This is my first post here and I would like to say thank you for all the contributors because I have read and learned so much on this forum. I am planning a bathroom renovation and the location of the toilet is making it very difficult to vent. The toilet will be draining away from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks