Search results

1. wrdtlpf

Outlet question-

Hope someone can help me. Just bought a place short time back and now cash strapped. There are 20 amp breakers in the panel for a couple different runs of outlets. There are heavy duty ivory 20 amp outlets in place right now but want to switch them out for white and was wondering if I can just...
  2. wrdtlpf

Pressure Relief Valve-Furnace

Hi all- Hope you guys can help. I just installed a new pressure relief valve on my furnace. Old one was constantly dripping. I replaced a Watts 374A(550,000 BTU) with a Watts 335M1(510,000). Guy at supply house said it would be fine for the small Slant-Fin furnace I have. Both are factory set...
  3. wrdtlpf

jobsite fan question

Hey guys- Not sure if this is the right place but not sure where else to look. I have a job site fan with a three position rotary switch: low, med and high. When I have it on any speed but most noticeably on low the fan's RPM will all of a sudden climb but not as high as if it were set to 'med'...
  4. wrdtlpf

Frost free bib

I'm replacing an old conventional bib and went to get new frost free type but not sure why I need it. The one that I'm replacing never caused any problems but is there a code issue with replacing with the newer anti-siphon type? They have nice 1/4 turn ball valve for like $6 or frost free for...
  5. wrdtlpf

Need to move old raditor?

Hi All- I'm a carpenter in the trade for 18 yrs and remodding sister's kitchen. I've got an old radiator that's in the wall cavity. It resembles a slant fin unit but laid horizontally about 6" off the floor with a large(4'X2')metal cover over it. There are two separate iron pipes involved with...
  6. wrdtlpf

D/W supply line?

Hi All- Remodeling my sister's kitchen and the new layout relocates the D/W and the existing supply line, soft copper, doesn't reach. I'm a carpenter/handyman and was wondering if there's something similar to a refrig supply kit or are guys using that PEX(sp) tubing? Do you have to use copper...
  7. wrdtlpf

T-stats for cast iron radiators

Hi all- I heard at one time that you can get individual T-stats and install them on cast iron radiators; is this true and is it recommended? The radiators are the kind that are individual units if you will made from cast iron sections and go up to the window stool. They're not the kind like the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks