Search results

1. ExeutiveRanch

Need advice on tub overflow--do I even need one?

Hi, I actually posted my question over in the code section but thought I would run it by you over here as well. A MN inspector told us we need to install an overflow in a 1960 custom-built tile tub. Aside from the fact that my plumber isn't sure about drilling in to the ceramic tile and...
  2. ExeutiveRanch

Minnesota code for bathtub overflow drains

As you've probably figured out by now, they are sideways.
  3. ExeutiveRanch

Minnesota code for bathtub overflow drains

Hi, I have a question about plumbing codes in Minnesota as they relate to bathtub overflow drains. We are renting a house built in 1960, and helping the owner, who lives out of town, make necessary repairs. It has a large sunken bathtub which was custom-built from 4" sand-pink tiles and the...
  4. ExeutiveRanch

Repaired broken vintage toilet tank with fiberglass cloth and epoxy!

HaHa--well, it is still holding after a few months. Hope the plane works out too.
  5. ExeutiveRanch

"Could easily be fine forever" From your mouth to God's ears...
  6. ExeutiveRanch

When I first looked at this photo, I thought "Wow, what a nice shiny floor!" And then saw that it was carpet. What a horrible mess.
  7. ExeutiveRanch

Just a quick additional note from the Department of Don't Try This at Home: this is marine epoxy, not hardware-store material, and the learning curve for mixing it up, using the fiberglass cloth, allowing the gunk to cure, etc., is long if not steep. It's kind of specialized. Also, my guy...
  8. ExeutiveRanch

Holding the load...haha oops, double post
  9. ExeutiveRanch

Holding the load...haha Agreed, the silicone won't work if the cloth/epoxy fail! Hopefully the photo will post. The repair is on the back/bottom of the tank, so the front looks perfect. (The back looks pretty rough but it doesn't show.) The big triangular piece was detached completely, and...
  10. ExeutiveRanch

Hi Everyone, I posted about a month ago about my old American Standard 4040 wall-mount toilet. The tank froze and broke over the winter. There weren't many options--there is no replacement tank, a Glenwall would have been $600 and required removing the cabinets opposite the toilet to allow for...
  11. ExeutiveRanch

Replace American Standard tank 4040 74, or other alternative?

How much work to replace one wall-mount with another? Hi Terry, thanks for the reply. How much work is involved in replacing the old AS 4040 with a Glenwall or a Rexmo(u)nt? Does it involve cutting into/repairing the wall, or can you just take off the old toilet and replace it with the new one...
  12. ExeutiveRanch

Replace American Standard tank 4040 74, or other alternative?

Hello everyone, We are renting a cool old Doris Day house (built 1960). Fixing the place up is part of our rental agreement--the owner has some budget but there's not a ton of available cash and quite a lot of work to do. Unfortunately, the utilities were turned off last winter, and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks