Search results

1. VideoPuppy

How to tell year of boiler manufacture........?

I'm looking at a used New Yorker but can't figure out it's age. Is there a way to tell by serial number or something please? Here are some pictures, it's an FR-122-W Thanks Dave
  2. VideoPuppy

Need advice on a couple things for heating my home.

Thanks guys. I will definitely clear my head and sit down and try to figure out all the info in Dana's reply. Thanks much. Dave
  3. VideoPuppy

Dana, thanks for all the info (thanks to all that replied), thanks for taking the time to answer me so in depth. Definitely more to it than I ever imagined. That boiler was in my house for around 18 to 20 years and did a good job until I broke it. I very mechanically inclined, not a dumbass, but...
  4. VideoPuppy

Can I figure out what BTU's I need to purchase? I'm ready to buy now, I've decided to stay with OIL for now. Can anyone tell me a way to figure out my BTU's? Is there a decent online Calculator? Manual J load calculator? Thanks Dave
  5. VideoPuppy

So it sounds to me, and I'm holding anyone to anything mentioned here, that if I stayed with oil and reduced my boiler to one that has an output around 40,000 - 45,000 BTU's (guess I'd have to hire someone to figure out exact BTU's) I would probably burn about the same amount of oil, but would...
  6. VideoPuppy

Please see answers in the quote. Thanks Dave
  7. VideoPuppy

Probably a really stupid question..... If I'm WAY over BTU ing this house now at 160,000 BTUs and I reduce to around 40 - 50,000 BTU's Logically I should be using a LOT LESS oil, correct? Also, since I'm heating using cast-iron radiators do I need more output BTU's? I would need about 40,00 -...
  8. VideoPuppy

The house is 1800's, stone, newly updated, plenty of insulation and all windows are no more than 10 years old (double pane). I have also thought about the Heat Pump (mini-split) scenario. What deters me is, 1.) How would I get the heat to all rooms? 2.) The life span of such units probably...
  9. VideoPuppy

I currently have a Weil Mclain boiler that is about 20+ years old, but unfortunately it has a leaky exchanger. I want to replace this OIL burner boiler, but not sure if I would stay OIL or go LP (no nat gas where I'm at). Here are a few questions I have..... First some info.... House is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks