Search results

1. BDrivenByDemons

HTP phoenix light duty repair or something better?

So... My HTP light duty heat exchanger (NG) developed a leak. Took it apart and found the burner tube full of water. Cleaned it out and it slowly refilled. I was pretty happy with this unit and was using it for radiant heat in my basement floor and it seemed to do fine. So here's my weird...
  2. BDrivenByDemons

Tried a permeate pump on my new RO system. Didn't work so great.

I bought the ERP-500 permeate pump and the ASV90 shut off valve after reading quite a bit here. It doesn't come close to the pressure/flow my old watts setup with an aquatec booster pump had. I still have the aquatec pump and would like to utilize it for maximum pressure on this new system but...
  3. BDrivenByDemons

Anyone run their softener without the top basket?

Found a little pipe dope from install that had squeezed its way into the resin. I pulled the basket and ran the BW so all that gunk could get flushed. My resin expands to about 6" below the valve. Any reason to not leave it this way?
  4. BDrivenByDemons

*** Solved*** Troubleshooting my new 5810SXT softener. Running out of soft water too quickly?

***Solution - the bubbles from the air check in the brine tank not closing completely were agitating my resin. When the pros here say the resin can not be disturbed during brining on an upflow it shows they know their stuff. I got 900 gallons of soft water once I fixed that problem. 48k...
  5. BDrivenByDemons

Can dry resin dry out during storage?

I remember hearing that before. Doing a little troubleshooting and I'm stumped. This resin, Aldex C800, sat brand new in the bags in a basement for 2 years before use.
  6. BDrivenByDemons

How much air draw is too much for an AIO3 setup?

My tank empties fast during BD (air) cycle and is spitting big bubbles in 10 minutes or so. The cycle is set for 45 minutes. Seems like there's no benefit once the tank is empty. Can I cut that cycle back safely or am I missing something?
  7. BDrivenByDemons

Are vortech tanks awesome or not?

And how can I get one? I realize I oversized my katalox tank and want to replace with something smaller. Those vortechs look awesome for backwashing. Any help?
  8. BDrivenByDemons

Fleck 5810 upflow injector with elevated brine tank.

Hi. I recently inherited a 5810SXT setup configured for upflow. It has the blue dot piston and per the Pentair service manual, for a 12x52" tank w/ 2 cuft resin, a 3.5 DLFC, a .5 BLFC, and a white #1 injector. People here seem to recommend a violet #00 injector to slow down the brine during the...
  9. BDrivenByDemons

Is higher pressure better for an AIO system?

I saw someone mention that here but never saw an explanation for it. I'm cleaning my CSV and checking air in my tank so it's a good time to adjust if something is better than 60/40. Thanks!
  10. BDrivenByDemons

Reverse osmosis tank location

Looking for opinions cause I don't want to run poly pipe twice if not needed. I have a mechanical room in my basement for my utilities. Right now I have my entire RO system down there and I feed my fridge and sink with about 40' of 3/8 poly using one of those aquatec delivery pumps. The pump...
  11. BDrivenByDemons

Can I add ozone to any brand AIO valve?

I've been procrastinating (as usual) putting in an iron removal system. I had a birm setup with air injection at the pressure tank and separate softener. The pressure tank got fouled with iron and the birm was way past it's lifespan. Ripped that out and put in a CSV a while back and just a...
  12. BDrivenByDemons

Oxidizing iron at the filter tank? Possible?

1ppm of iron. No bacteria. I had a venturi air injector/birm setup working for a number of years but my pressure tank got clogged up with iron so I was going to replace it. Dittohead here looked over my water test results and suggested a few setups but also said my water was fairly easy to...
  13. BDrivenByDemons

Starting fresh with my water conditioning. Things have changed...

Time flies is an understatement. I feel like my system isn't that old but I'm reading about lots of new stuff in the water conditioning world. Any suggestions??? My setup was 48' well w/ red jacket pump (12gpm @ 50psi) -> clack air injector -> pressure tank -> retention tank with air bleed off...
  14. BDrivenByDemons

Radiant in concrete - Higher temp/more cycles versus Lower temp/constant circulation

I have a 2500 sqft concrete basement floor that I insulated and pex'd before the pour. I have foam and that double foil bubble radiant insulation under it all. Even brought it up the edges of the poured walls 4 inches above the footings (the concrete crew thought I was insane but it's one of...
  15. BDrivenByDemons

did I jack up my fleck 2510?

I have an iron remover and was doing some tank maintenance so I decided to clean out my birm tank and check out the valve. I manually turned it to backwash and got sick of waiting so I just unplugged it and unhooked it and cleaned everything up real nice. Well my problem is I unplugged it right...
  16. BDrivenByDemons

Convert bladder tank to hydro-pneumatic?

Have had some low pressure problems lately and I just KNEW that damn air-cell in my tank had a leak. I looked the tank up online and it was surprisingly easy to replace so I decided to check it out today. Couldn't pull it out cause it was full of water. So I put it all back together and pulled...
  17. BDrivenByDemons

Open system idea - thoughts?

I have a 2400 sqft ranch with a full basement. I've been kicking around the idea of putting some radiant pex loops under the bathrooms cause the tile gets so cold. I'm also kind of an efficiency weirdo and have been trying to come up with a way to minimize the amount of pumps and loops I would...
  18. BDrivenByDemons

Iron Remover/Water Softener redesign

Take a look and tell me what you think. This my current setup. I put it all in myself when I built my house in 2008. High iron/hardness. I installed this layout per the directions that came with the terminator. I currently have 3 issues I would like to solve. #1 - The air valve is a POS. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks