Search results

1. DarylF08

Check Septic and DF for leaks.

Don't have original plans/ Lake was 8 ft low ast year, lake water was about 50 yrds from my property. Steep slope to lake, never seen any wet spot or eveidnce of leaking. Soil is rocky clay and shelf rock not very deep. guessing 10 ft. Just not sure on how much water and how to judge water...
  2. DarylF08

He is in his late 50'S and I am 40 so I can just wait and hope. But you can only take so much. I have 2 little ones and don't want to see them grow up behind bars. But he is pushing. I have seen the dye online and was looking that way, I also read you have to 50 gal of water per bedroom , min...
  3. DarylF08

Thanks for the advice Gary, but it's been 1 1/2 yr since he moved in. Since then he has threaten to kill my dog, tried to claim and steal a dock that I built and paid for, called the police on my wife for having the weather channel on outside on our patio, complained to our lake board about 7...
  4. DarylF08

My lovely neightbor called the Health Dept. on m saying I was dumping sewage into our lake we live on. I have been there for 3 years and never seen any signs of septic problems. The County did a visual and found nothing but they want to do a dye test. How can I do this test before they come out...
  5. DarylF08

Propane or electric heta?

Here are the rates from Ameren UE Propane is around 3.25 per gal. Summer Rate (Applicable during 4 monthly billing periods of June through September) Customer Charge - per month $7.25 Energy Charge - per kWh 7.92¢ Winter Rate (Applicable during 8 monthly billing periods of October...
  6. DarylF08

Propane or electric heta?

I have a 800 sq. ft garage. I wan to heat and keep around 45 to 50 at all times except when I am working, 60 to 65. Garage is insulated. I have a Comfortaire 2 stage furnace that runs off a 60 and a 30 amp breaker. My ? is, would it be cheaper to run a Propane furnace instead. I was looking...
  7. DarylF08

Disconnecting power

YES, In order to get a new occupancy permit (selling the property) You are required to upgrade all 60 amp service to a 100 amp service with breakers
  8. DarylF08

Disconnecting power

City Code now requires me to upgrade to a 100amp service with breakers.
  9. DarylF08

Disconnecting power

I am going to change my panel from fuses to breakers. What is the easiest way to kill main power to the fuse box ?
  10. DarylF08

Changing Filter Once evry 6 weeks

OK, I'll try and find a place to get my water tested within this next week. If it is some kind of bacteria, What is the process of getting rid of and a ballpark cost ?? Thanks
  11. DarylF08

Yes, It is a well system Iron eating Bacteria ??? Whats that take to get rid of or will it eventally go away?
  12. DarylF08

Within 4 weeks it clogs the filter enough to restrict flow. This stuff is a dark red in color. I don't know what it is so I don't know if I want to drink it yet. Does the Test Kits at your Depot or Lowes work good enough?
  13. DarylF08

I moved into this house about 2 yrs ago. Was not lived in for about 7 yrs, before. I got all the inital problems solved, but about 6 months ago, I started getting alot of red stuff in my house filter. I would have to change it about every 4 to 6 weeks. If I didn't change it, I would lose...
  14. DarylF08

Kenmore Water Softener

I hooked up an older Kenmore water softener with a new bypass valve. Where the valve goes into the softener, it leaks. New orings when installed. What do I try to fix this?
  15. DarylF08

water softener

Thanks Gary You always have the answer, Saved me some money also. Thanks again. Daryl
  16. DarylF08

water softener

I have a watersoftener that is about ten years old. I am moving it, so I emptyed all the old salt and was going to replace it with new. When I took the softener apart, the resin tank had the rotten egg smell. I emptied all the water and now I don,t know if I need to replace the tank. Does...
  17. DarylF08

Water Softener

Thank You, I'll try it out,and if I have any ? You guys will be the first to know. Thanks Again Daryl
  18. DarylF08

Water Softener

My Neighbors replaced there W.S. Gave me there old one. Nothing wrong with it. Maybe 4 years old ( Kenmore ) Has not been hooked up for about 6 months. What or is there anything special I should do to the WS before I install ? Daryl
  19. DarylF08

Smell in well water

Both my neighbors have a smell in the well water, I do not but don't want it. What is normal preventive maint.? Also, what is best best way to shock a well? My neighbor poured 10 gal of bleach down the well cap, let it sit for 24 hrs and then flushed the water for 8 hrs. This does not seem OK...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks