Search results

1. DanAK

Basement shower drain

I cut out a decent hole in my concrete floor. Went easier and better than I worried it could. Down about 4" to reinforcing(?) wire grid where I'll stop till I have in hand the drain and connection I'll use - no point going further than needed. Time now to firm up design and get supplies. I...
  2. DanAK

Basement shower drain

Wow, thanks for the attention and advice. I don't have firm plans yet. This grew from tracking down a leak on the other side of the wall, which has plumbing for laundry, outside faucet as well as a bath above. I expect the downstairs was left unfinished by the original builders and done DIY at...
  3. DanAK

Basement shower drain

Thanks - your pictures and suggestions were pretty much what I'd been thinking. I've got about 7 1/2 - 8" to the water in the trap. So it would seem I've enough room to fit in the adapter and keep the new drain low enough. Another question with this - should I refill that broken out area with...
  4. DanAK

Basement shower drain

"water level" meaning ground water? That's not a problem. It's a split level house, this floor is about 4' below grade and water table is much below that. No issues with ground water. On other thoughts, I'm pretty confident the drain itself is OK. Water is visible in the trap and when there...
  5. DanAK

Basement shower drain

Thanks for the replies. What I’m hearing is I’m going to have to break out some concrete around my drain pipe, even for drains like the Proline or ACO (which I hadn’t considered but do look great). Like many projects this started as “just†a little leak and keeps growing in size and...
  6. DanAK

Basement shower drain

I'm replacing a leaking fiberglass shower with a custom tiled one in my basement. The old one is all ripped out and I am down to concrete floor with a 2" copper drain pipe extending up about 1".) I can't seem to find a suitable drain. They all seem to be too big. They seem designed to fit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks