Search results

1. Gloch

Can someone help me determine my needs?

Sorry to dig up an old thread but, I still haven't installed a system and I really need to. In looking at the city's water report, they don't list any of the factors mentioned in their test results. Should I get a separate test done? IS the 7000SXT still the system of choice for my needs? -gl
  2. Gloch

Thanks for the recommendations. As to pipe size, this is a new home that was plumbed for a softener. Are we talking about the size of those connections or the water main? Still working on getting the city report for mineral contents. -gl
  3. Gloch

I need to install a water softener and I am not sure I have a grip on all the considerations. Here is the information I have thus far: 6 people / 3.5 baths The city water: 14.2 gpg /243 ppm What else am I missing for information gathering? -gl
  4. Gloch

Continually draining

The resin tank is approx. 44.5" to the valves and 28" circumference. -gl
  5. Gloch

Continually draining

Ok. The resin tank appears to be about 8" wide. -gl
  6. Gloch

Continually draining

Sorry but, I am not sure what the resin tank is. Is it the one where the salt resides or the main tank? -gl
  7. Gloch

Continually draining

Ok, I tested the hardness with one of the cheap Home Depot kits. The hardness came up around 250 parts/million. Again, I have 7 people - 3 of them are teens. My current system is a Fleck 5600se. Do you think it is a good match? -gl
  8. Gloch

Continually draining

Thanks folks. I think this is beyond my abilities. I just need to find a local expert I can trust. -gl
  9. Gloch

Continually draining

When you say "spacer and seal" what part of the softener are you referring to? Control valve? -gl
  10. Gloch

Continually draining

Teenagers, yes. 3 of them. There are 3 full baths. The water without the softener is leaving a think coating on our dishes but, I still need to actually measure the hardness. I believe it is bad however. -gl
  11. Gloch

Continually draining

Thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing. It felt liek we were being sold a bridge :) With this system, do you think he was off-base in telling me it couldn't handle the usage? -gl
  12. Gloch

Continually draining

I have a Fleck 5600se system in my household of 7 people. We just installed the system over 6 months ago but recently it started continually running water into the drain. After looking at the manual, it sounds like there is a broken piston(?) or something in the timer. I had a guy come look at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks