Search results

1. jrMorton

Bathtub Support / Leveling

The tub is installed and level! I'm really glad I did the mortar bed too. The tub that was previously installed didn't have one. It's really interesting how noticeable the difference is when you step inside. Now I'll be working on a plan for the accessories and tile before I put up the...
  2. jrMorton

Thank you for the detail, John. That makes sense. I shimmed everything as discussed and the tub is now level! It's loose in there right now, but I am aiming to complete the installation today. Luckily I do have easy access to the tub's overflow/waste from the adjacent closet and from the...
  3. jrMorton

Thanks for the response, John. These instructions you found, from what I can recall, are nearly identical to what shipped in the box for my 2390 model of this tub. The instructions did not mention a mortar bed, but I found an alternate version of the instructions on American Standard's website...
  4. jrMorton

I think I may have overcomplicated the issue by having assumed that I needed to level my floor. My assumption was based on the belief that I needed to support/level the base of the tub, and I have since come to realize that the tub base on this model does not need to contact the floor for...
  5. jrMorton

Thanks for the information and tips. I was going to go the SLC route but I ran into a snag. After putting down 1/2" plywood over my plank subfloor, I am left with a roughly 5/8" recess relative to my tile flooring. There is one problematic corner that is about 3/8" higher than the other...
  6. jrMorton

Thanks guys, this is great information. I think I will try the SLC approach per your suggestions. If i use wood strips w/ caulk for the edges, is it possible to remove the strips that serve as dams afterward? Should I allow the SLC to adhere to the side of my bathroom floor tile, or should I...
  7. jrMorton

Thank you for the suggestion. I had read about SLC when trying to find a solution, but was concerned about being able to limit the area in which it would be applied. For example, how do you keep it from falling through the cutout for the drain? I also wouldn't want it seeping out the sides of...
  8. jrMorton

Hi Everyone, I am installing a new bathtub and am trying to ensure it's properly supported and leveled. I am installing an American Standard Princeton tub with an apron. My flooring is down to only the rough 1x6" plank subfloor. The flooring is slightly out of level (maybe 3/8") from end...
  9. jrMorton

Tile Tub/Shower Leak

If the base is caulked all around, and water gets trapped in the channel between the flange and caulk, how would that water escape to the tub? I'm not sure how it would find its way back to the tub if it's blocked in by caulk. I am assuming that it's pooling and eventually building up to the...
  10. jrMorton

Tile Tub/Shower Leak

Regarding the overflow outlet and drain, I luckily do have full view of those components from an access panel / the basement and there's no leak there. I think you're on to something regarding the flange/level! I cut out the caulk at one of the failing corners, looked into the joint with a...
  11. jrMorton

Tile Tub/Shower Leak

Hi All, A few days back, I posted here because I was convinced I had a leak with my tub door. After a shower, water would leak into the subfloor/basement in two areas (at each outside corner of the tub). Well, I installed a new door and I still have the same problem. I eliminated the door...
  12. jrMorton

Tub/Shower Sliding Door Leak

Thank you very much for the information. I had the old tub door removed to make it easier to repair/clean/recaulk and was tempted to just get a new door since I'd have to run through the installation steps either way. The old door was worn, ugly and failing and your suggestion to get a new...
  13. jrMorton

Thank you both for your responses. This is very helpful! With either this door system, or a new door system, are you supposed to caulk the two inch span between the tile wall and tub, underneath the side jamb? I've seen conflicting instructions regarding this and was hoping to get your...
  14. jrMorton

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me identify a solution for a leak I have related to my tub/shower sliding door. The problem that I see is that when the shower runs, water sprays onto the doors, falls down the doors onto the tracks/rails, and the collects at the intersection of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks