Search results

1. Takelargebites

Options to Boost Low Water Pressure from City ?

My city water pressure is a paltry 40 psi on my side of the 3/4" meter. My service line is new 1-1/4" sch40 pvc. I'd like to have at least 50 psi for the second floor bathroom but would prefer to not have up and down pressure variations. I don't think we would ever exceed 10 gpm flow and...
  2. Takelargebites

Uponor source in North Carolina ?

Does anyone know of an Uponor supplier in North Carolina? I've already checked with two supply houses and neither had heard of Uponor. One sold Zurn and the other Viega...
  3. Takelargebites

Which coupling for 3" PVC to 4" Cast Iron

I need to connect my new 3" PVC drain line to the old 4" cast iron drain. The pipes are on the horizontal in the basement. Which Fernco coupling would be preferred? The 1056-43 Flexible coupling or the ProFlex 3000-43 ? It looks like either coupling would accomplish the same thing but it...
  4. Takelargebites

Controller needed for On Demand Recirculating

I'd really like to install a recuirculating pump to feed hot water to a far away bath but I'm not having any success googling for a controller. I'd like to program the pump to run based on time of day but also if a motion sensor is tripped. Does anyone know if there any timers that also...
  5. Takelargebites

Is my DWV Design OK ?

Is my DWV Design OK ? Almost done now ! I'm replumbing my house and would like any suggestions for improvements to my DWV design. I've attached pdf's of the design in plan view and 3D. I'm sorry, but the 2nd and 3rd floor plans get a little confusing to view since all the walls and fixtures...
  6. Takelargebites

Best tool to drill 3-5/8 hole in wood

What is the best type of drill bit for drilling holes in wood framing for 3" PVC ? Are the self feed bits best? I see a 3-5/8 by Milwaukee for about $100.
  7. Takelargebites

Location of Water Service Cutoff

My house was built back in 1940 and had all galvanized pipe which were badly corroded on the inside. I've removed all the supply pipes the entire DWV system and plan on re-plumbing the house with PVC dwv and PEX. I'd also like to replace my galvanized water service pipe from the street but...
  8. Takelargebites

Test Tee's - where to put them

Hello ! I'm re-plumbing my house (3 stories on a basement) and am trying to consider ease of future maintenance in the dwv design since at some point there will be a couple of tenants living here as well. What are your thoughts regarding the following: 1. Installing a test tee directly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks