Search results

1. SDmark

Replacing cast iron pipe in garage - where to cut?

My 1950s home in San Diego has a 2" cast iron drain pipe running across the ceiling of the subterranean garage. It comes out of the slab on one side and connects to a toilet drain just before going through the cement wall on the other. The exposed cast iron leaks rusty goo onto any car in the...
  2. SDmark

Electrical wire above open-beam ceiling, below roofing

Hi, I live in a 1953 San Diego home on a slab foundation with lovely open-beam 2x8 tongue-and-groove ceilings. The low-slope roof was rock and tar, then in 1991, they got rid of the rocks and added a hot-mop tar layer. I'm about to have both layers scraped off, add 3" of PolyISO rigid foam...
  3. SDmark

43v in circuit when breaker switched off

My 1950s San Diego home had a master bedroom added in the 70s, I think it was. There is a 12-3 cable going to the addition. Cable has red, black, and white wires, no ground wire. Circuit #3 is the washer and gas dryer. Circuit #13 is the rest of the bedroom. Breakers for #3 and #13 are both on...
  4. SDmark

How to fix dishwasher leak?

My Whirlpool dishwasher is maybe 20 years old. I run it once a week. It's leaking at the top of this black tube: The bottom of the tube has a spring clamp around it: Do I just need a clamp at the top? Is that something I can pick up at Home Depot or do I need something special? Thanks...
  5. SDmark

Help identify LB conduit body

I have what I think is called an LB 90 on an exterior wall. It's metal, circa 1973. The cover broke or disappeared years ago and I'd like to take another stab at replacing the "temporary" duct tape cover. The problem is that the cover was some kind of snap in: there are small indentations in...
  6. SDmark

Drain leak at slab joint

Hi, Homeowner and DIYer here. The master bedroom and bath were added in the 1970s. The bathroom sink is on an outside wall. I noticed water on the concrete outside. I removed the siding. At first I thought that the leak might be in the ABS-to-cast iron joint that I installed when I remodeled...
  7. SDmark

Need recommendations for a non-wobbly vanity faucet

Hi, DIY homeowner here. I recently remodeled a bathroom. For the dark wood vanity with beige marble top, I want a brown faucet ("oil rubbed bronze" color). Started with a Price Pfister from Home Depot. Besides the generally cheap feel, I couldn't get the drain pull stem right--the faucet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks