Search results

1. Jocko11

retrofit a water softner to become an iron filter

The valve appears to be a flat cap, there is no injector on the top, just a block off plate. Filox is a backwash media. I believe the original media was birm, just backwash also. The air injector was to help the media attrack the iron. Some water treatment sights mention air/oxygen injection to...
  2. Jocko11

So i'm going to rebuild the fleck valve and use the old larger tank with the filox. I am ordering another 1/2 cu ft. to make a total 1 1/2 cu ft of media. Is there a benifit to leaving the hydrocharger in place, using the filox media, or should I remove it?
  3. Jocko11

If i use the cabo formula, counting fixtures downstream of the filter ,i get a service flow rate of 7.2. Filox media specs say it is capable for 6gpm service flow per cu ft. Does that mean you have to have slightly more media than 1 cu ft.? Although, the cabo specs.only go down to 7.2.
  4. Jocko11

Should I remove the hydro charger, now that I an using the filox media, or will that enhance the properties of the new media?
  5. Jocko11

The unit with the 12" tank originally came for another site, It would foul and need cleaning every five/six months. From the other discussions I suspect the flow was not enough to completely clean the bed. does a smaller tank work better with less flow?
  6. Jocko11

Should I increase backwash, first group of pins, or rapid rinse, second group of pins? the wheel is black with a white numbered front. What is best time increments for both settings? I have the original book for the maccleens, it has a section on the 2500 in it. factory setting is...
  7. Jocko11

Should I also think about increasing the time of the backwash cycle? It appears that you can do this by adding more pins on the back of the timer.
  8. Jocko11

i ordered two bags of filox media, and a seal and piston kit for the fleck 2500. Plan on using the 1 cu tank with that valve. How much head space should there be from top to media?
  9. Jocko11

the iron is well above 3ppm, flow is about 6.5 gpm. Does that dictate the smaller tank?
  10. Jocko11

no I didn't take a photo of that. But i belive that is it, as you described. I will need a rebuild kit for that, and assume the seals and piston are the same as the 2510. I have removed the valve and the housing from the maccleens tank, and flushed out the media and gravel that was left. I...
  11. Jocko11

the valve on the MacCleens is a brass valve that is held on with two screws to the base also brass. Does this base unscrew? If I can use that valve and timer on a different tank, then, how do size the tank? Where is a good place to order a rebuild kit for the valve, and order the gravel, and...
  12. Jocko11

Iron Filter Spews Iron after Outdoor Sprinklers are ran

here are pics these are valve and timers ihave
  13. Jocko11

Can I retrofit a softner by changing the media and settings on the existing valve? I am replacing a failed MacCleens unit, I also have aquired 3 old softners One 3210 valve and timer, two 3200 manual timer. Also the maccleens unit has a 2510, but it leaks and needs to be rebuilt. Ihave two 9x44...
  14. Jocko11

retrofit iron filter The valves are 3200/ with manual skipper wheel, or 3210/ with water usage auto set wheel. I also have the original 2510 that is on the old MacCleens unit, that could be rebuilt? Do you need a picture of the valve body?
  15. Jocko11

I don't know how this works so here goes. I have a failed MacCleens iron filter that i need to replace. I also have aquired 3 old softners, one with a fleck 3210 and the other 2 with a fleck 3200. Rather than purchase a new filox media filter, can I use the parts from these and just purchase the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks