Search results

1. Ejacobson

Shower handle sticking out too far

jadnashua, Ha! Are you saying it was my responsibility to tell my plumber to rough-in the valve so the handle could attach like it says it should in the instructions? Like Moen shows in EVERY picture? That is ridiculous. :) Shouldn't the plumber figure that out on their own. Especially...
  2. Ejacobson

I'm hoping someone will be able to answer my 3 questions in post #24. BTW - I showed my plumber actual pieces of the tile I planned to use and went over the plans for the 1/2" backerboard, furring strips, and vapor barrier. I also showed her the finished plumbing (e.g., trim plate, lever)...
  3. Ejacobson

My Valve Is Out Too Far Too! This thread may have saved my butt. I have the same problem alphonse55 and Daydream46 have. My plumber probably didn't read the installation specs and mine is a Moen as well. The valve sticks out such that it leaves about an inch gap between the handle and trim...
  4. Ejacobson

Not Enough Room For P Trap

I'll try the 1&1/4" chrome trap first. If that does not fit I'll probably cut into the shelf. The AAV thing sounds too complex for me and the vanity area for the plumbing is kind of tight so it would be nice not to have extra pipes under there. Thanks for the suggestions!
  5. Ejacobson

hj, She knew. I had the vanity built and sitting in a different room. I told her to make sure she measured to accommodate the trap. I also told her to consider the finished floor height that would include tile and backerboard. She may have measured off the subfloor instead.
  6. Ejacobson

I need help solving a P trap problem. I installed the faucet and drain on my free standing vanity and asked my plumber to measure off it to determine where to rough-in the bathroom sink discharge. Somehow she got it about an inch too low. I can't fit a P trap in because it is blocked by the...
  7. Ejacobson

How To Build a Tile Ledger in a Shower?

Jim, What is an "SS Strip"? You bring up a good point about the tile edges. I didn't even think about that problem
  8. Ejacobson

Jadnashua, If you are referring to the John Bridge forum, I've had this question posted for over a week. I got one answer that I did not like and after I posted my reason for not liking it, the moderators seemed to stop responding. The post began on this thread with post 44...
  9. Ejacobson

Sanjeev, My intention is to have the shelf rest on the ledger such that it can be removed by lifting up. Your idea is exactly what I was picturing. Do you think that it will be sound water-proof-wise. I'm concerned that water would hit the top edge of the tile ledger (that sticks out) and...
  10. Ejacobson

This is new. I have the hardibacker up already. Yes, I've been trying to get an answer on the John Bridge tile forum but nobody there will deal with my question for some reason. Thanks!
  11. Ejacobson

How can I build a ledger for a shelf using tile? I want to make a removable corner shelf out of Mahogony or Teak. I want it removable so it can be replaced or cleaned. My plan is to construct it out of a cluster of wood slats that rest across two ledgers (One ledger on each corner wall). I'll...
  12. Ejacobson

My PVC Membrane Leak Test Failed

My plumber finished roughing in my plumbing and talked me into letting her "fold the shower pan", which in her case means, laying a sloped bed on my subfloor and framed shower, and folding and attaching the membrane. She used orange IPS Water Tite PVC 40. We left the drain plugged and about 15...
  13. Ejacobson

Is a 26" Finished Shower Too Narrow?

Okay, I just called my plumber to reschedule. She was thrilled because she was too swamped anyway. Thanks for the advice. Looks like I screwed up. Oh well. I'll fix it. Depressing...
  14. Ejacobson

Is a 26" Finished Shower Too Narrow?

My plumber stopped by last night to make her materials list and suggested I roughed in my shower too narrow. I had removed a tub and roughed in that same footprint for the custom tile shower. I figured it was easier than building a little wall to extend the shower out into the bathroom...
  15. Ejacobson

Toilet Clearance in Remodeled Attic

hj, You're right. It's not the best idea I've ever had. However, I've been practicing getting on/off toilets and observing my behavior. It appears that standing directly over a toilet (stradling the seat) is not something people do. I'm confident it will work fine for my wife and I...
  16. Ejacobson

Toilet Clearance in Remodeled Attic

I'm expanding an attic bathroom by moving a wall further towards a roof. To make room for some other requirements, I need to relocate the toilet to the wall below the slanted roof-ceiling. My plumber is concerned that I'm going to move the wall back too far to leave enough clearance above the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks