Search results

1. michaedt

Saddle Valve Question

I recently replaced all of my supply lines, but I still need to connect my whole-house humidifier to the water line. It looks like a 1/4" line (like my refrigerator water line). Previously, it was connected to a 3/4" cold water supply via a saddle valve. Is this the best way? Can I turn off a...
  2. michaedt

location of new shut-off

This is a follow-up question to my last post about replacing my main shut-off valve. I've attached a few photos of my current setup. A few weeks ago I put in a new ball valve above my old gate valve. Unfortunately, I can't stop the slow drip that I caused when I closed the old valve to put on...
  3. michaedt

water main grid and shut-off valve

I'm trying to shut off my water from the street. I borrowed a city shut-off key from a friend (his dad used to be a city contractor). Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure which hub shuts off my water. The only water pipes near the curb are located every third house. The one closest to me is in...
  4. michaedt

Endless debris from water heater

I replaced all my supply lines (galvanized to copper) and in the process drained my hot water tank. I now seem to have an endless supply of debris...small white chips (I'm guessing calcium deposits). I run the hot water out of my tub faucet into buckets until the chips stop coming, but then I...
  5. michaedt

cleaning pipe after job is complete

Last weekend I replaced my galvanized supply lines. After reading several threads on this forum, I'm convinced that I need to go back and clean off the residue that I left behind after soldering. I've found several different opinions about the best way to clean the pipes. Is there a cleaning...
  6. michaedt

strange pressure change

Yesterday I finished replacing my steel supply lines with copper...many thanks to so many who answered my questions as I went along. Wow, what a great difference. I am having a problem with my kitchen faucet (which is an area that had already been replaced with copper and worked great, until...
  7. michaedt

How many shut off valves do I need?

I'm replacing my galvanized pipes with copper. I installed a new ball valve past the meter and a separate one leading into my hot water tank. Now I am putting in new pipes leading to all of the fixtures in the house--- bathroom (sink, toilet, and shower), laundry room (washing machine)...
  8. michaedt

shut off from street

I'm trying to find a way to shut off my water service from the street. I'm replacing galvanized with copper and I want to put in a new valve where the water enters the basement---so I need to shut the water off from outside. Unfortunately, I can't find the shut-off valve outside. My meter is...
  9. michaedt

temporary shower?

My home has one full bath, and one half bath in the basement (jammed into a small area under the front porch...all stone, and very small). Anyway, I would like to remodel the bathroom on the main floor (electric, tub, toilet, sink, everything). I'm going to have to gut the whole thing. This...
  10. michaedt

old bathroom remodel challenge

I want to run copper pipes into my old bathroom from the basement just below. I notice that the bathroom floor is poured cement (at least 6 inches thick) with tile on top. All the pipes and electricity run right through the floor and into the walls. It seems like the only way to get at the pipes...
  11. michaedt

avoiding electric shock

Half of my indoor plumbing system is galvanized steel and the other half is copper. I want to replace the steel with copper (it’s very clogged...especially the hot water). The whole system runs through my basement and staight up to the fixtures. I notice that the ground from my electrical...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks