Search results

1. RMB

Where to buy Fleck or Clack water softener

I am ready to replace my Kinetico water softener. I was about to buy a system with a Fleck 5600sxt. Then I saw on this site that it is old technology and the 5800 series is better but isn't sold online. There are some online sites that sell the unit, so I don't know if the forum has bad...
  2. RMB

Plumbing reversed on Kinetico water softener

I sent you my email address by private message a couple of days ago. Did you receive it or do I need to try again?
  3. RMB

I have not taken the valve apart. If the prefilter is external to the softener, then it doesn't have one. I would love to take the valve apart to try to figure out what is going on, but I have absolutely no idea what is inside the valve or what I am looking for. That is one of the reasons I...
  4. RMB

I am still having problems with pressure loss on one side only. The other side does not have a noticeable loss in pressure. When looking at the dual tanks, the one on the right has the valve over it. When turning the adjustment screw for a manual regeneration, the brine-rinse cycle on the right...
  5. RMB

I had noticed the B-C on the handle but had no idea what it meant. I got a flashlight to look at the valve more closely. The top left is A, top right is B, bottom left is C, bottom right is D. Does Kinetico have a manual that explains some of these things. They are obvious if you know what you...
  6. RMB

I was incorrect that the plumbing was backwards because I didn't realize there was a crossover at the bypass valve. I can see the plumbing coming into the water softener. It comes from the direction of the shutoff valve and goes to what I now know is the B side of the Kinetico valve. The other...
  7. RMB

I removed the bypass valve. The inner ring shows "inlet B." The valve handle points up away from the tanks. With this setting, does the water cross over at the bypass valve? Does that mean it was plumbed correctly and now I have reversed it? I can post a picture if it would be helpful.
  8. RMB

Do you want to tell me why having the grey one is important and why I mistakenly thought it was plumbed backwards?
  9. RMB

I have done 3 regenerations on each side of the valve. One side loses most water pressure during the regeneration. There is a slow stream from the faucets. The other side doesn't affect water pressure at the faucets during regeneration.
  10. RMB

The bypass is the Kinetico bypass with the grey handle.
  11. RMB

Yes. I just reversed them and did the manual regeneration. While the 1st tank was regenerating, I lost all water pressure to the faucets. During regeneration of the 2nd tank, the pressure remained fine for the faucets.
  12. RMB

The bypass is the Kinetico bypass with the grey handle.
  13. RMB

Thanks for your reply. I have noticed another issue with the softener. At least once a day it pumps water down the drain (I assume this is the regeneration cycle). While it is doing this, there is no water available in the house. All faucets lose pressure and we have to wait for the softener to...
  14. RMB

I just purchased a home with a Kinetico water softener. The unit has arrows showing where the hard water should enter and the soft water should exit. This unit was plumbed backwards. The hard water enters on the side with the arrow pointing out from the unit. Can a water softener function in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks