Search results

1. Rather-Be-Boating

Want a Toilet that Just Works!

Thanks Terry - but the Gwyneth has CEFIONTECT too, or did I misunderstand something? Sorry Terry - I do not recall asking for any recommendations that would "put plumbers out of business". I was merely trying to grasp the differences, both functional and financial, between products with which...
  2. Rather-Be-Boating

So you are saying the price advertised ANYWHERE is a bargain because it may be an introductory price from Toto? The Gwyneth does look a bit more contemporary, but can I assume there is minimal functional difference between it and the ultramax?
  3. Rather-Be-Boating

Thanks Gary. Any idea why SteveW said "right now a great bargain"? Is there some great sale somewhere that makes this a particularly good value at the moment?
  4. Rather-Be-Boating

Why is it the best, and why/where is it currently a bargain? I'm also curious about ADA height. We are a short family (tallest member 5' 7"), with 3 little kids (ages 5-10). Do little kids have difficulty with these ADA height toilets? My absolute top priority is maximum flush... 3 little...
  5. Rather-Be-Boating

Sump: confused - need primary and backup.

Thanks everyone responding so far... On this page: http://www.basementwatchdog.com/batteries.htm It says this: I was liking the concept of sealed, AGM batteries. I use them in my boat, and so far, absolutely love the concept. In the application of a battery backup system, I like the...
  6. Rather-Be-Boating

Thanks for the input. Does the Big Dog system work with AGM batteries? I thought the Basement Watchdog systems only use their batteries.... And I am really surprised at the lack of battery backup systems available.
  7. Rather-Be-Boating

Thanks Carmel Corn - but a pedestal style is out of the question due to vertical space limitations. The sump pit has been concealed under a 12" tall hinged box. I have plenty of room to place a battery and charger next to the pit, but the pump itself will have to be contained within the pit...
  8. Rather-Be-Boating

Thanks guys & Happy New Year! So I should not be concerned that the M-53 has a built in switch? What kind of service life should I expect from the switch and pump, and is the switch easy to replace in the event of failure? How about battery backup systems? All I have seen is Basement...
  9. Rather-Be-Boating

Chicago metro area - SW burbs, typical "former farmland" subdivision. Primary pump does not activate often - just heavy rains, snow melt, etc. Everyone in the Chicago area knows what we just experienced in the past several days. Power failures are minimal, but do happen. I have a simple...
  10. Rather-Be-Boating

Moen Vertical Spa questions

Thanks for the reply HJ. Nothing has been added to my cost, as I have not installed anything let. Are you suggesting there is an alternative to this configuration? All outlets are on the same wall.
  11. Rather-Be-Boating

Moen Vertical Spa questions

Great site. Been lurking here for a few months. My name is Don. I have a bathroom renovation project. The walls are open to the studs. I plan to replace the existing shower valve with a Moen Vertical Spa which has a combination valve & 3-way diverter. The system has a single shower head...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks