Search results

1. Spaceball1

Cracked PVC Toilet Flange

I'm replacing a toilet in an upstairs bathroom. Subfloor is plywood, finished floor is linoleum made to look like hardwood. House was built in '96 so this After removing the old toilet & removing the old wax ring, i noticed that the flange was cracked. Since the old toilet didn't have any...
  2. Spaceball1

Sink drain from wall is 2" ABS. What to do?

So one of these three should work, right? big orange store .com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=ABS+trap+adapter&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1 Looks like i just cut the trap arm & glue this adapter on, then I'm good to go with the...
  3. Spaceball1

I thought of putting in a reducer on the horizontal (that's the trap arm, right?) portion of the pipe, but I wanted to make sure that's up to snuff. Also, where (and how) should I switch from PVC to ABS?
  4. Spaceball1

I'm putting in a sink for us to use temporarily in the kitchen while I build our cabinets and wait on granite. I bought a cheap laundry sink that has a 1-1/2" threaded drain. I also bought 1-1/2" slip joint P-trap kit. (Not my favorite, but that's what's usually installed, right?) However, the...
  5. Spaceball1

Gas line - Converting from dryer to range

Upon further review, the existing copper pipe uses flared fittings. I'm hiring this part done anyway.
  6. Spaceball1

Gas line - Converting from dryer to range

Next up on my remodel.. Our townhome was set up for an electric range and gas dryer. I'm swapping the two. The main gas supply comes in on a 1/2" line to the utility room where the regulator is. The regulator feeds an iron pipe manifold. From that manifold, there are 1/2" soft copper lines to...
  7. Spaceball1

Icemaker/fridge supply box depth...

Well, whatever the case.. I was able to get it all in. I sweated on a 45 and a 45 street elbow to make an offset. That brought the box forward enough to get the trim plate on. So far, all joints are holding. I did turn off the root valve where I tapped into my main for the night tonight. I want...
  8. Spaceball1

Whether for integrity or protecting wires/pipes, the typical installation still goes through the middle of the framing. This box is set up for something different, and there's no indication that it's different. The product could be more user friendly.
  9. Spaceball1

I know, I know.. measure twice and all that. It's just frustrating because in some instances you hear how you can only drill through the center section to prevent structural weakness, and you can't remove any more than __% of the material, and if you notch, it can only be __", and so on and so...
  10. Spaceball1

Yes I did drill the hole before putting the box on the wall, and I don't think that putting the hole in the middle of the sole plate was an unreasonable assumption, either. In instances of running a wire, pipe or anything else through framing, (joists, studs, sole plates, top plates) you go...
  11. Spaceball1

I could be wrong, but to me, that picture looks like 2x6 framing with the front of the pex about 1" away from the front edge of the sole plate. If the sole plate in the picture were a 2x4, the pex would be closer to the middle of it.. The box at HD is so shallow that it looks to require a notch...
  12. Spaceball1

Sometimes I swear that Big Orange (Home Depot) exists just to make my life miserable.. I'm installing 1/2" copper from a supply line in my lower level utility room to the wall behind my fridge (in the upper level kitchen) I bought their standard icemaker box/valve, drilled a hole in the middle...
  13. Spaceball1

Ok to put slight bend in 1/2" hard copper pipe?

As it turns out, I was able to find a better route with no 45's or bends.
  14. Spaceball1

Ok to put slight bend in 1/2" hard copper pipe?

I'm installing a new 1/2" hard copper (blue) line from my utility room to supply water to my fridge. Since I'm new at soldering copper, I wanted to figure out a route that would minimize soldered joints inside walls & ceilings. I found a solution that puts a single 45 degree soldered joint that...
  15. Spaceball1

Moving kitchen sink, want to get it right..

I talked the concept over with a pro, and he seemed to think that going through the wall would be no problem at all. He also told me that the vent can just live there inside the wall space, so that helps. Additionally, he was pretty sure that the shared wall is actually two walls (one is mine...
  16. Spaceball1

No window above the sink, however, it's a shared wall so I'd rather stay out of it if possible. I'll have to take a closer look at things, but I'm pretty sure I can go under the floor with no issues. For one thing, I'm replacing the ceilings in the lower level, and some of the subfloors in the...
  17. Spaceball1

Ok, glad I asked. Can I route the new drain line under the floor instead of in the wall? I'm pretty sure this is a load bearing wall and it's shared with a neighbor, so I'd rather not take the hole saw after it.
  18. Spaceball1

We're remodeling the kitchen in our townhome and have removed all of our cabinets. We're working on the design for the new cabinets, and I came across a couple of questions. The old sink was in the middle of a wall, so that's where my drain & supply lines are at. We're hoping to move the sink...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks