Search results

1. Drewski123

Help choosing a control system and manifolds for Hydronic Heating

I need to decide on a control system for the hydronic heating and would love to hear you suggestions. A few detail of the project: • Navien CH-180ASME boiler • Uponor 3/8" PEX tubing installed 8â€OC with joist track panels • Zone 1 & 2 o Total 8 loops (1,600 feet of tubing) o...
  2. Drewski123

Radiant Tube Sizing

My contractor has recommended using 3/8" tubing for hydronics that are going to be installed under the floor along with the Wirsbo Joist Track heat plates. My initial plan was going with ½†tubing. He says that there is no difference in heat transfer between 3/8†and 1/2†tubing with using...
  3. Drewski123

Boiler Sizing

Hi Everyone. I am planning to replace my current heating system which is a conventional oil fired furnace (duct system), with a gas fired boiler (hydronic system) and have some boiler sizing questions. The new hydronic heating system will contain Wirsbo Joist Trak 1/2†heat transfer panels...
  4. Drewski123

Earthquake Retrofit Prep Work

I am hoping that some of you may have done or have experience with earthquake retrofitting. I have completed the home assessment checklist to figure out whether the house meets the requirements for the SEHR (Standard Earthquake Home Retrofit Plan Program). There is a possibility that the...
  5. Drewski123

Venting outside with ABS?

Hi, When I remodeled my bathroom, I replaced the old cast Iron DWV with ABS. I left the end part intact (cast iron, which exits through the roof). When it rains, the ABS to Cast Iron coupling leaks water, mainly because the cast iron surface is not smooth like the ABS, so there are...
  6. Drewski123

Finishing and Insulating garage walls

The garage is right underneath the house with one exterior wall (concrete wall about 6 feet tall; tested the concrete sidewall for moisture, no moisture found. There is also a window on the side of the concrete wall. Additionally, there are two interior walls (2x4 stud walls, 16 inches on...
  7. Drewski123

Am I going to loose a water pressure in the shower head? iBox

I am thinking of switching to PEX from a copper in my current bathroom renovation. This question pertains to a possible pressure loss in a shower head. Here is what I am planning to do. I will be using Grohe iBox Universal Plus Rough for shower/tub (two function only). The supply pipes will be...
  8. Drewski123

Would you reuse old copper pipes and fittings?

I will be working on my hot and cold supply copper pipes in the bathroom (3/4" and 1/2") and was wondering if there are any concerns re-using old/exisitng pipes and fitting. Would you reuse or would you install all brand new pipes and fittings? The old pipes seem to by heavier/thicker, and the...
  9. Drewski123

Elbow, Closet Elbow, or Long Turn Elbow for closet flange connection

Which fitting would you usually use in order to connect a closet flange? My main DWV pipe is 3". I am trying to figure out which elbow to use. Also, can I use a Sanitary Tee w/90° Right Inlet (All Hub) to connect the toilet drain as well as a bathtub drain to it? In this case I would not...
  10. Drewski123

Help on DWV Diagram

Can the tub drain use the DWV 3" vent? The distance between the tub and the DWV 3" vertical part is less then 15". Or, it has to vent using its own 1.5" vent, and then the 1.5" vent would merge with the 3" vent in the attic? Thanks,
  11. Drewski123

Push-fit Connectors

Has anyone used copper to copper SharkBite connectors? I am thinking of using them instead of soldering. What do codes say about them? Unfortunately, I can not get answear from Seattle's inspectors unless I will personally stop by. No one has returned my calls yet, so I am hoping that you guys...
  12. Drewski123

Subfloor question for tiling a bathroom floor with heat mat under the tiles

My bathroom's subfloor is an old tongue and groove sub-floor 7/8" thick. It seems to be in "OK" condition but I am little bit concerned of my plan. Here are the layers: 1. Current tongue and groove 7/8" thick subfloor 2. A layer of modified thinset cement based mortar (using 1/4" notch...
  13. Drewski123

Need some advice in my renovation

Need some advice on my renovation I have listed some of the options / ideas of what I am going to do with each part: 1. Bathroom Ceiling: Option1: • 5/8†greenboard • 6mil plastic sheeting • on attic side, greenfiber blow-in up to a recommended amount to achieve a high R-Value...
  14. Drewski123

Solatube with a fan

Has anyone installed a Solatube with a fan (110 cfm) add-on? I am trying to figure out whether this fan works as good as a regular 110 cfm Panasonic ventilation fan. Thank you for you help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks