Search results

1. Amtrak23

2nd Floor Tub Trap Is Built Into 1st Floor Soffit

The drain and trap reach into the 1st floor soffit to run under the joist and connect to the main lines. The bathrooms are tiny and the soffits really cramp them up. The 2nd floor soffit was all empty space so that was not an issue, but the pipes from upstairs need about 4" of the 1st floors...
  2. Amtrak23

Tub spout replacement recommendation and upkeep?

I'm looking for a good replacement unit. Original Delta had a leaky diverter for years (lots of hard water here). A cheapo Danco from Big Box worked from January until now, when I took it off to soak in some vinegar to clean up some of the deposits. Bought another Danco and it leaks right out of...
  3. Amtrak23

How to repair/replace this Delta stem?

We have a drip that has been escalating over the last few weeks. Popped off the handles to see what is there and found this setup, which I can not get apart any further. I have tried prying the gray plastic thing out via the little slots on either side, and clamping down on it an trying to pull...
  4. Amtrak23

ID this toilet

Trying to figure out what this is?
  5. Amtrak23

Wax ring advice. Reinforced or plain ole wax?

Pulled up old 1983 Mansfield just now to see what goodies were hiding under it. I found a CI flange in pretty good shape (I think?) that appears to be soldered to the 4" CI pipe that goes straight down for a few feet. Flange is on top of the finished vinyl floor. Access below is possible but not...
  6. Amtrak23

Toto ST743e and SS113 seat questions

I just opened the tank for the 743e and noticed two small dings on the inside edge of the tank. Will these pose a problem going forward, such as weakening the tank and causing it to crack prematurely or will it be ok. I'm very surprised that these weren't noticed when it was coming out of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks