Search results

1. Crosstalk

Delta 2600 shower faucet handle orientation/direction

Hello. I have a broken extension part on my delta 2600/2800 shower faucet. Seems like it wasn't installed correctly years ago as there is no long screw threaded from the extension into the stem. I already ordered the replacement part, but after reading a couple of posts here about these faucets...
  2. Crosstalk

American Standard Aquaseal, Need parts help--shower valve leaking

Hi everyone- I am new to 3 valve shower valve repair and can't figure out what I have here. I have a drip from the faucet when off so I'm thinking worn washer or seat. When I took it apart, I didn't find any washers--some kind of metal-on-metal seating system. On the hot side, I was able to...
  3. Crosstalk

How to open cleanout

Hi. I am having a sewer blockage/backup for the first time since I lived in this house (9 years). I located the cleanout in the middle of the yard, but it doesn't look like it unscrews. See attached photo. (1) How do you open this without breaking it? (2) Should I have someone rod it the line...
  4. Crosstalk

Toto Eco Supreme CST863E with flush tower

Hello. After needing to replace the flapper about every 12-18 months, I decided to try the newer flush tower drain valve. The silicone seal should do better in my water (at least I'm hoping so). Does anyone know the proper setup for this? Should the flush rod be bent over the top of the tower...
  5. Crosstalk

Toto Universal Flapper THU499s

I apologize if someone already posted about this, but I couldn't find it. I wanted to let you know that TOTO has a new universal flapper part. I called to complain (again) about the green pvc flapper failing, and they sent me this one. It has a rigid frame and red rubber gasket (not silicone...
  6. Crosstalk

Moen 1225 cartridge disassembly

I realize that taking the cartridge apart to replace/grease internal o-rings is a waste of time for a pro, but I am curious how this cartridge comes apart. I saw a prior mention on the forum of a special tool. It looks soldered at a few points, but maybe the stem is threaded on the internal...
  7. Crosstalk

Grohe Grohmix stop valves

Seems like shower repair month for me--I have another shower valve question. I am trying to remove the stop valves (part 10 highlighted in the picture) from a grohmix valve with poor flow so I can clean the strainers. The valves are a brass nut/flange piece threaded into the brass valve body...
  8. Crosstalk

Dripping Tub Shower valve

Hello. I have a drip coming from the cold side (I think) of a 3 handle shower valve. I pulled off the handle and trim to find what I think is a stem extension. I didn't see any flats for a wrench so I tried to pull it straight off but it didn't come out. The plastic part seems to have two...
  9. Crosstalk

Water Heater drain valve failure

My drain valve was clogged so I decided to replace it and the anode rod on my 14 year old WH. Also had a drip from the T&P, so I replaced that. When I tried to remove the drain valve with an adjustable wrench, the wrench went into the body of the valve (the valve wasn't budging). Never had...
  10. Crosstalk

Toto Dorian clogging problem

Hi all, I have a Toto Dorian (older 1-piece unifit rough-in) that has been clogging lately. It probably went a year without a clog and now 2 or 3 clogs in a month. A bit of plunging seems to fix it, but I am wondering if you have some advice about it. Should I run an auger through it?
  11. Crosstalk

Recessed fixture problem

Hello. The pictured recessed fixture decided to drop slightly out of the ceiling. It might have been held in previously with a paint film (I cleaned up the paint edge a bit before taking the photos), but is not tight to the ceiling currently. Are there clips that I can reset/tighten on this...
  12. Crosstalk

Faucet stem removal

Hello. I have a faucet with a very difficult to turn handle. I figured how to remove the handle (set screw), but can't figure out how to remove the escutcheon to get to the stem. I tried unscrewing and pulling straight up. It doesn't seem to budge. The lower ring does seem to be a separate...
  13. Crosstalk

Evap coil cleaning (CD5AXA060024ABAA)

Hello. I'm looking for some advice on my system and coil cleaning. I have a carrier infinity system with coil model CD5AXA060024ABAA. When I bought the house two years ago, I noticed that the electronic air cleaner was switched off. The EAC prefilter was really dirty. I just removed the EAC...
  14. Crosstalk

Korky quietfill maxperformance whistling

I have a korky quietfill maxperformance fill valve that is about 6 weeks old. The trouble is that it is making a whistling/screeching sound when filling usually loudest right after the flush. Valve stops filling normally. I already tried cleaning the internals and called korky for help. They...
  15. Crosstalk

Descaling a toilet

Hello. I have a toto toilet with some mineral deposits in the siphon jet, and I am thinking it could use some descaling. I have read on the forum about the virtues of using muriatic acid for this, but I am afraid of possible damage to my drain piping (copper and cast iron). I tried using CLR...
  16. Crosstalk

Toto fill valve water level vs korky maxperformance

Fyi for the fill valve experts/enthusiasts out there. I just replaced a toto power gravity fill valve (korky quietfill) with a korky quietfill maxperformance and noticed the water level marks on the two similar valves are quite different. The maxperformance level is an inch or so higher than the...
  17. Crosstalk

Toto Eco supreme flush problem

I installed a new Eco supreme (round) and I am having a problem with the flush. About every fifth flush doesn't clear the bowl (no siphoning). I am using a regular wax ring (no horn) and dont think the outlet is blocked. The bowl seems underfilled because the water spot is smaller than spec. I...
  18. Crosstalk

Globe Valve repair or replacement

Hello. I have a globe type valve that doesn't close completely and looks like it's been dripping a bit from the stem. Is it possible to repair this? Do I remove the stem by unthreading from the valve body (at yellow arrow)? I realize that replacing this old valve with a ball valve is the...
  19. Crosstalk

Dishwasher drain

Hello. I am getting ready to replace my ~20 year old dishwasher and took a look under the kitchen sink to find a separate drain for the dishwasher (dishwasher rubber discharge hose connected to copper pipe in Photo1). I also took a look in the crawlspace under the kitchen where these two pipes...
  20. Crosstalk

Bathroom faucet leak, Grohe 21184 Classic

Hello. Have a small drip through the spout of the pictured faucet. Not sure of the brand or how to take it apart--it was installed by the previous owner. There are two retaining clips in the back, but I can't see how these would retain the valve stems/cartridges. No screws or screw covers on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks