Search results

1. Jp102

Thermostat with fan on / off mode

The Aprilaire 8466 thermostat has a "CIRC" mode. If there has not been a call for heat/cool in the last 20 minutes, it will kick on the fan for 10 minutes. I have one installed on a 2 story home with a walk out basement. It keeps the temperature differential between the three levels to a minimum.
  2. Jp102

What to do with the fresh air intake

Thanks guys, sounds like I should cap it this weekend. Anyone out there support the use of a fresh air intake and care to submit final arguements?
  3. Jp102

Interesting comments guys, please keep them coming. I believe that the intent of the fresh air intake was to control the bringing in of fresh air (lost from fans, dryers, etc) to mix with stale air in order to improve air quality. Humidity is not a problem - I run a humidifier in order to keep...
  4. Jp102

I have a 95% furnace with a two 3" pvc pipes (exhaust and combustion supply) and my water heater is the same (two pvc pipes (exhaust and combustion). Fireplace is a direct vent as well (not power venting). So in terms of combustion make up air, I'm ok. The delema is what to do with the 6"...
  5. Jp102

A/C start-up intermittent start up issue

The saga continues.... The fault happened again this weekend and I was able to get into the blower compartment. LED was blinking 1600 CFM, Y and G had 24v and blower had power. Looks like the problem is in the ECM blower. As I was pondering what would cause a motor to shutdown/overheat...
  6. Jp102

I'm getting a bit closer. The freeze protection switch cutoff the Y circuit yesterday at 36 degrees to prevent a freeze up. The Rheem RGRM 90k control board had both green LED's on solid and the red LED blink count was 16, however the blower was not working. SO it appears that the problem is...
  7. Jp102

I installed a freeze protection control switch from Honeywell that breaks the Y circuit to the compressor if the coil goes below 36 F. This will prevent the system from freezing and blowing out components, although it doesn't solve the root cause of the issue. I am in the process of making a...
  8. Jp102

DonL - was wired to Y2 on control board (Y on thermostat) Bison - counted the flashing red led, got 16 flashes = 1600 CFM Gary - it's not a heat pump, there is no external sensor in supply duct. I'll try and dig up the old thermostat, replace the Aprilaire and see what happens. I still...
  9. Jp102

Rheem "Normal fault detected"

I have a Rheem RGRM 90k furnace and was counting the flasning red led to see what my AC airflow was and noticed that the STATUS led was steady on. Manual states that this is "Normal fault detected". Anyone know what this means?
  10. Jp102

Thank you. I'll make the switch tonight
  11. Jp102

Thanks guys. I've re-checked all the settings and configs and they are in agreement with your suggestions. The system runs only on the thermostat, no humidity sensor/control. Also since it is an older AC unit, there are only two wires running to the AC contactor (Y1 and C) so the outside unit...
  12. Jp102

Thanks. Maybe I'm chasing the wrong problem. I've been trying to figure out why the blower isn't starting, maybe I should be figuring out why the AC unit isn't shutting down when it freezes. Obviously I need to figure out why it freezes, but that might be another issue. Can you share any...
  13. Jp102

DonL - I have SW1-5 ans SW1-6 set to ON/OFF (profile B) which gives 1600 CFM HI, 1200 CFM low which I believe matches the 4 ton AC unit specs. Yes I can hear the blower changing speeds. Question - when the AC frezes up, does or should the blower shutdown? Should the entire system shutdown...
  14. Jp102

DonL - thanks. Some of the replies are getting out of sync so bear with me if it sounds like I'm repeating myself. Yes it has operated correctly with the Aprilaire 8466. The 8466 was installed with the furnace and the system has operated from Oct-April last year on heat, May to present on...
  15. Jp102

The reason the unit is freezing is because the blower is not coming on (or is prematurely shutting down) during a call for cooling. FIlters are ok, refrig levels ok. It has only happened three times during the summer (out of probably hundreds of call for cooling). AC has been on since late...
  16. Jp102

Shut down by killing power. Did not try to use thermostat to shut it down. It will start up immediately (both blower and AC unit) if I kill and restore power however it won't start cooling as the AC lines are frozen up. Ten minutes was an approximation; one time it may have been fifteen, the...
  17. Jp102

I'm killing power to the unit. I did not try turning off/on with the thermostat. The system will actually start right away (blower and ac unit) if flip the power switch off/on, but it just won't cool as I suspect the lines are iced up. I waited the ten minutes for the lines to un-freeze. The...
  18. Jp102

Furnace model Rheem rgrm09 AC model Carrier CD5AXW048 Thermostat Aprilaire 8466 Setup as 2 stage heat, 1 stage air. Not a variable speed furnace. Thanks in advance
  19. Jp102

DonL - thanks. Don't have the model of the carrier unit with me, I'll get that tonight. Good suggestion with the continuos run mode. The thermostat is an Aprilaire with a circlating mode (turns fans on every 20 minutes).
  20. Jp102

I have a Rheem RGRM09 2 stage furnace with Carrier A/C unit. A couple of times this summer I've come home and the A/C compressor has been on, but the blower fan is not running. The system is iced up and when I shut the system down for ten minutes and turn it back on everything starts up and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks