Search results

1. loop1

Water heater anode rod problem

We pass our well water through a 1-micron pleated filter and a UV sterilizer, but get a bad odor from the hot water only. When I pulled the anode rod from our 15 month old electric hot water tank, and it was completely covered by a thin coating of a matte, dark brown material. This coating is...
  2. loop1

Rust in well water

I have a shallow (65 feet) well whose water is loaded with very fine reddish particulates that I assume is iron oxide. No silt, no bad odors, just this gunk. It is very fine--I have a 4.5 x 10 inch filter rated at 1 micron in the system and even with a new filter I sometimes get a small amount...
  3. loop1

UV lamp

Many thanks for the information. I will order a replacement lamp from the unit's manufacturer today.
  4. loop1

UV lamp

I have a 5 gallon per minute ultraviolet sterilizer in my well system, and replace the UV lamp every year. The manufacturer-supplied replacement lamp costs about $75, while a generic "exact replacement lamp" costs about $20 less. Any reason why I shouldn't go with the generic?
  5. loop1

American Standard Champion 4 problem

Terry--I finally got up my nerve, installed the Korky flush valve you recommended, and it works great. Many thanks for your suggestion, and for the service you provide through this forum.
  6. loop1

I thought of replacing the flush mechanism as you suggest but I understand the opening in the bottom of the tank is 4 inches in diameter and the biggest flapper I can find is 3 inches.
  7. loop1

I have an American Standard Champion 4 round bowl toilet. When flushing I must hold the flush handle down in order to deliver enough water from the tank to clear the bowl of its contents. While I don’t mind doing so, I shouldn’t have to tell guests how to flush a toilet, and with kids it is...
  8. loop1

3" Tub drain replacement

My bathtub's "drain spud" (the flanged outlet through which the water leaves the tub) is brass, ugly, and we must use a rubber stopper in it as any "mechanical stopper" is long gone from the overflow pipe. I figured I could just remove this "spud" and replace it with a chromed pop-up fitting, or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks