Search results

1. Tfield98

How to insulate exterior sump drain?

Hi, TR! Wow! Our beloved Ivars! Yeah, safety was on my mind when I posted here. TBH, I'm not sure how to evaluate the safety of various heat cables. Any ideas?
  2. Tfield98

It looks like this product does exactly what I need. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BF58VNMS Low wattage, heat cable, outside use. Etc.
  3. Tfield98

Thanks, Reach4. I didn't know the proper terminology. Yeah, a gutter heater might work. But, my concern is that I'll be warming steel, plastic, as the rubber gasket on the compression connectors. I don't know much about the temperatures involved and how to keep it safe.
  4. Tfield98

This is not a groundwater sump pump. The pump is fed by a bathroom that is used year-round. Thanks, though, for taking time to respond.
  5. Tfield98

Hi, Reach4. Thanks for the suggestion. There's no way we can put the high part of this run indoors because that would require opening the side of the house, dealing with insulation, studs, etc. But, I didn't know about vacuum breakers. Thanks!! Do plumbers use something like this...
  6. Tfield98

Thirty-five years ago the previous owner added a basement bathroom, installed a sump ejector pump, and ran its drain above ground to the house's main sewer line. It's probably totally not to code, but this has worked. All was well until last year an installer put a heat pump next to the drain...
  7. Tfield98

Replace or repair

Our basement bath's ejector pump started tripping its GFI power. It was a DIY project done by someone else 35 years ago, but the pump itself is only 2 years old. It turns out the large container wall (not the pump well) has a hole that allowed rock and dirt to tumble into the basin (maybe...
  8. Tfield98

What dual handle shower control to get?

For ease of use, we're going to have a local plumber replace an old Price Pfister one-knob shower control with a dual handle control (one for temperature and one for water flow.) Only one person uses this shower. This is a basement bath in a faded bath/shower surround. We aren't bargain...
  9. Tfield98

Squeaky Hansgrohe shower valve

Our two-year old HansGrohe shower valve works fine, but has begun to squeak when we turn the flow lever. Any suggestions? Is this a DIY project to repair?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks