Search results

1. K

Water Heater Recommendations

I'm looking to replace a 40 gal gas AO Smith water heater. Although we are fairly modest water users (3 showers almost never used at once) I like to take an occasional soak in our large whirpool tub. That requires that I bleed the hot water into the tub slowly, usually over 3/4 hour. Been...
  2. K

Weird CI hub size

thanx That's exactly what Fernco told me- trying to locate the part.... :)
  3. K

Weird CI hub size

Etc... ;) Stay tuned- Fernco customer service cited me part # that will supposedly work; I'll report here to share the results. Thanx 4 the feedback so far- I was thinking along some of the same lines...
  4. K

Weird CI hub size

1000 words.... Mark, Yeh, I think I'm being misunderstood a bit- here's a photo that should 'splain what the situation is...[/IMG] We're talkin' the ID here- 2" too loose; 3" won't fit at all. Any suggestions welcomed profusely :) Fernco website doesn't list any 2.5 inch donuts-...
  5. K

Weird CI hub size

Renovating the 80 YO basement bath- all the subsurface galvanized piping (shower & vents shot- basically held together by the dirt); excavated out the CI double wye- left side branch runs to lavatory drain (which looks like 2" CI in good shape); Middle 4" branch ran to the lead closet bend...
  6. K

Installation of Tankless Water Heater: Candid opinions needed

Thanks 4 the replies- now the next question.... :o Thanks all who have replied- rough & tumble works for me fine. Great grist for doing more intelligent due diligence... As I originally posted, I was not married to the tankless idea, just the concept of freeing up the basement real estate...
  7. K

Installation of Tankless Water Heater: Candid opinions needed

:confused: Looking for experienced, but "off the boilerplate" advice to help decide if its practical to move to a gas tankless water heater. We're in the process of finishing the basement of our 80 YO townhouse in NYC. Our family's water use patterns seem well-suited to tankless capacity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks