Search results

1. Lauras2011

3 points of contact

I recently purchased a Toto Drake toilet and had it installed. The instructions say there should be "3 points of contact" between the tank and the back of the bowl (2 in front, 1 in back). But the rubber flange that goes over the large hole between tank and bowl is too thick ... so I can't get...
  2. Lauras2011

American Standard slow close is too slow!

I bought a Champion 4 Everclean toilet seat and it is soooo slooooow (over 15 secs for the seat and nearly *25* secs for the lid) ... it just feels very stiff maybe because it's new? Will it loosen up and speed up over time? Is there a way I can lubricate it?
  3. Lauras2011

rough-in

Hi Terry and all, Can you clarify how to measure the rough-in? Is it the distance from the back wall to the floor bolts (easy to measure)? Or is it the distance from the back wall to the center of the bowl (impossible to measure since it's hard to tell exactly where the center of the bowl is...
  4. Lauras2011

American Standard vs Toto

I've been reading lots of toilet reviews online, and it seems like Toto is the MVP these days ... but American Standard Champion 4 wins hands down on Consumer Reports. (They claim it's better for liquid waste removal and noise.) I'm mainly concerned with solid waste removal (I have an old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks