Search results

1. let it flow

Slope to drain water from apron into tub

I will be starting a bath remodel soon. The new (alcove) tub will have a shower head and a curtain. I am concerned about the inevitable splash/overspray that hits the wall and runs down behind the edge of the curtain and then finds its way out over the rim to run down the apron. The surround...
  2. let it flow

Cast iron longevity

My house is 53 years old, build on a raised foundation. I am about to do a major bathroom remodel and am wondering what my chances are of having to replace the cast iron waste pipe that runs 5 ft from the main vent stack out thru the foundation wall. This pipe is buried in a couple inches of...
  3. let it flow

Thermostatic valve operation; is the hot or the cold or both controlled?

Does a thermostatic valve control the hot flow and let the cold flow freely, or does it control the cold flow and let the hot flow freely? Or does it close one off as it opens the other? And while I have the attention of you thermostatic experts; How fast is a "fast" responding thermostatic...
  4. let it flow

Variable flow volume control with a 2.5 GPM head

Will I need a variable flow volume control for my new 2.5 GPM shower head? Or will it work OK to just use the on/off feature of a pressure balanced temperature mixer? This will be going into a remodel with new piping. Right now I have a seperate hot and cold valves that mix at the divertor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks