Search results

1. Polecatt

Remodel framing and toilet flange updates

Got the donut today. I assume this is sufficient?
  2. Polecatt

the brass/bronze was all one piece. I had to cut it into a few pieces to get it out. It was really rusted in and it had that flair on it. The smaller section on the bottom of the picture is the portion that was sitting outside the hub and the upper section was seated in the hub.
  3. Polecatt

I’ve been working on this for almost two hours and it’s still rock solid.
  4. Polecatt

Apparently these things have a tendency to snowball… I’m going to replace all the copper back to the cast iron stack hub connection since the copper is 1 1/4”. I need to get in there to measure, but I’m guessing this will be 1 1/2” ABS to 3” CI hub donut. Does that exist?
  5. Polecatt

So in a situation like an island sink where you can’t go up, what do you do? assume this works.? Or just go with an AAV at the sink ?
  6. Polecatt

I guess the issue is with the vent being below the new sink trap?
  7. Polecatt

You guys have all been amazing and so helpful sharing your knowledge and recommendations. Much appreciated! “Phase 2” of this project is to move the sink drain and supply across the floor to the opposite wall. Any recommendations on how to tie the new ABS into this copper 45? It’s in a really...
  8. Polecatt

OD of this one is exactly 4 1/2” the fernco is 1056-43 https://www.fernco.ca/dimensional-drawings/plumbing/flexible-couplings/stock-couplings-1056/1056-43
  9. Polecatt

Is there a definitive answer to the question of what type of pipe I’m connecting to? To me it looks Like 4” brass, is that possible? Maybe it’s copper?
  10. Polecatt

can says… “ABS solvent cement for ABS non-pressure applications.” Here is the manufacturer website. https://www.oateycanada.com/product/oatey-118-ml-standard-abs-cement-yellow-c
  11. Polecatt

Apparently we have yellow ABS cement locally…? Is that unexpected?
  12. Polecatt

Jeff, thanks for your thoughts on the framing. I’ve ripped down a 2x10 to match to the old school 2x8 height of the existing. I’ll be able to get a full span between the new flange and the existing joist, but they will only be about 2 1/2” apart. Other than that I’ll try to get a few additional...
  13. Polecatt

Your solution is aligned with how I was leaning … 4” copper to 3” abs shielded coupling. Can I put a street 22.5 right into the 3” side of that coupling? just need to pick those up tomorrow.
  14. Polecatt

here is what I found… brass (??) stub is 4.5” across. The pvc was extending about 2” beyond the end of the fernco.
  15. Polecatt

I’m going to try option 3… using the existing pipe. Don’t want to be dealing with any lead. I’m hoping to keep the existing fernco coupling and get there by adding in a 22 degree bend. Is that bend between the flange and the stack allowed, and will it impact performance? Including an...
  16. Polecatt

Looking for some recommendations on how to tackle this. I need to reinforce the floor joists in this corner since they are almost non existent, while moving the toilet flange back a bit so it sits at the standard 12” off the back and 15” off the side wall. Is there a way to do this without...
  17. Polecatt

Cracked ABS repair options?

Those look far more robust! Is that a Canada / US thing? My local Canadian HD only had these rubber ones. The pipes are embedded in spray foam so there will be no movement.
  18. Polecatt

AND here it is! Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. Success.
  19. Polecatt

The rubber coupling will be seated as far down as possible on top of the 2” Any issues if the 1.5” is left low(nested inside the 2”) as per the pic, once glued to the upper 1.5”
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks