Search results

1. tengo84

5" flange too big for supplied wax ring, now what? Help!

Hello again and thanks for the advice. What I discovered (and you can't really see in my pictures) is that the flange wasn't centered well over the 4" pipe. Thus, stacking the wax rings would not have worked because part of the base "ledge" was too narrow along a portion of the circumference...
  2. tengo84

Hello plumber, thank you for your response! I believe I understand what you're saying. The stack of plain wax rings should be molded flush with the gasket, and then I should add the wax ring with horns, right? Do you have any tips to ensure the wax adheres in the best way possible? Should I use...
  3. tengo84

Hello experts, I could use some advice! I recently removed an old Eljer toilet intending to replace it with a better model. The bathroom is located next to the lower level family room, atop tile which rests on the foundation. Immediately I noticed a much larger flange opening than expected...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks