Search results

1. L

Does a torn wire jacket violate California electric code?

Sorry guys didnt mean to start a war! Actually after taking a closeup of the cable it's apparent that the installers used the wrong cable. The cable they used says SJEW E54864 (UL) 300V 90*C CSA LL39753 SJTW(TPE). The install manual calls for 600V insulation on the cable. BTW its a Mitsubishi.
  2. L

THANK-YOU jwelectric!!! Sir/Madam you are a credit to the human race! I hope you've contributed to the gene pool :)
  3. L

BTW the image I posted is just a manufacturer image of a new uninstalled cable. Thanks.
  4. L

DonL, The cable is a 50ft cable that runs alongside the insulated refrigerant linesets for the mini-split AC. The cable and the linesets connect to the indoor blower unit and then run all the way out of the attic to the condenser unit outside. This cable is double insulated with various wires...
  5. L

Thanks jwelectric. But that still doesnt answer my question. I've got some contractors saying that all that's necessary is to wrap some electricians tape around this jacket since the inside wires are also insulated. I've got 1 contractor stating that this damage cannot be repaired with tape as...
  6. L

Thanks cwhyu2. The installation manual specifies only 14 AWG for the connection cable between the UNITS (this is what has a 1.5" tear in the outer jacket in the attic). There is small a junction/breaker box that was installed next to the outdoor unit. They probably ran a 12/2 awg POWER cable...
  7. L

And if it does can you link to the section of the code that it violates? I had a mini-split AC system installed in my house by a licensed contractor and they ran a 50ft AWG14 cable through the attic to connect the outdoor compressor to the indoor blower. This cable is double insulated and has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks