Search results

1. Jimmym

Water heaters in series

OK, I've done a search, but haven't come up with a situation like the one I'm about to try. I know the whole "two water heaters" subject has been beat to death, but... I have an 80 MBtu oil fired boiler. It has a tankless coil built in. Normally, it's just about adequate. However, when...
  2. Jimmym

Bemis toilet performance

I just bought a new house that has a Bemis toilet installed in the downstairs bathroom. This thing seems to take anything I throw at it without hesitation. I mean ANYTHING. If it can come out of my body this thing will take care of it. One flush. BAM! It didn't seem to be the case at our old...
  3. Jimmym

Cycle Stop Valve = Lots of air?

I just installed a CSV160 in my house. I plumb from the incoming pump pipe to the CSV160 -> Check-> bladder tank. I have the pressure switch set to 55/70. I'll be switching to a different pressure switch soon and try 55/65 PSI. I have amazing water pressure and flow. One thing though. I have a...
  4. Jimmym

Using CPVC at the boiler?

After some recent work, I have a question. I replaced all my copper with CPVC (100PSI @ 180F). Except at the boiler. I went from CPVC to copper then went to the thermal trap, DHW coil and the cold side of the tempering valve, then another thermal trap. Only then did I go back to CPVC. My...
  5. Jimmym

Pinholes in copper pipes

I found pinholes in my copper pipes on Friday night. I was changing a toilet fill valve and the water supply pipe was "sweating" water. It wasn't condensate. The holes were so small, it was more like pores than pinholes. After further inspection, I found a couple more spots. So I replaced every...
  6. Jimmym

Taco or Grundfos?

I'm looking at circulators for my updated hydronic system and wanted some input from the Pros. Any brand inparticular? Design details that are nice?
  7. Jimmym

Acid neutralizer backflushing

I'm getting blue stains in my tub, so after some research... My well water has a pH of 5.74. So, before any further damage is done, I'm installing an acid neutralizer. 1) Why do these need to be backflushed? I have a whole house particulate pre-filter that will be installed before the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks