Search results

1. JK60

Pressure Regulator Question

A few years ago I had sprinklers installed in my front yard, and interestingly enough there was no pressure regulator installed even though the pressure at my house is about 110 psi. Recently the local water company installed a new water meter and since then I have experienced an alarming...
  2. JK60

Hot Water Dispenser Leaks

I have an ISE H-990 hot water dispenser that started leaking. The leak is coming from the seal between the stainless steel tank (model SST) and the plastic fitting attached to the top of the tank. The tank is a two piece unit, so after dis-assembly there is accessibility to both sides of the...
  3. JK60

Water Heater Leak - Help!!!

I have a 50 gallon Rheem Guardian water heater installed about 4 years ago. Just walked into the basement and saw a substantial amount of water leaking from the top of the heater. I originally thought that it was coming through the threads of the anode rod but since then confirmed that it is...
  4. JK60

Need Help with Drain Pipe

I can sure use some advice on a problem I have with a drain pipe. A rough sketch is shown below. At a point where the cast iron pipe joins the "T" it's partially rusted through. I would like to replace it, but the pipe will probably break at the rusted point leaving the threaded portion...
  5. JK60

Not a Plumbing Problem - But Would Appreciate Advice

This is more of a legal issue then anything else, but with so many professional contractors on this forum I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. My 83 year old mother had a problem with her GE electric oven. She was quoted a price of $76.00 by the local GE office to replace...
  6. JK60

Sprinkler conversion question?

I have recently planted roses in a section of my backyard where there are Toro 570 type pop-up sprinklers. I would like to avoid getting the rose leaves wet and would like to convert some of the sprinklers to drip irrigation. Is there a way to accomplish this by somehow tying in to the...
  7. JK60

Tub Drain Leak

The drain (2" dia) to my tub started leaking from pin holes in the pipe. I came up with an on the spot temporary fix using a plastic half pipe smeared inside with some roof tar and attached using cable ties, picture below. Works without any problems. I just would like to confirm that I can do...
  8. JK60

Need Laundry Faucet Advice

I have a laundry faucet arrangement pictured below. It's a combination faucet and valves for the washing machine. The hot water portion of the faucet makes a moaning sound when it is turned on. The sound stays on for low water flow but disappears at high flow levels. I can try to fix it, but...
  9. JK60

Ball Valve Question?

I've installed this ball valve (pictured below) in my main water supply line. It is rated 600 WOG so I assumed that it can be used with either water, oil, or gas. What throws me off is the reference on the handle stating "shut off valve for LP gas". Did I install the wrong valve? Thanks for...
  10. JK60

Leaking Faucet

I have a bathroom faucet that drips at the spout and leaks at the stem. The faucet is manufactured by Artistic Brass who are no longer in business. Below is a picture of the "guts" of the faucet. Can this assembly be repaired? For the life of me I can't see any way of tearing this assembly...
  11. JK60

Adapting a union to a PRV

I have a 1" pressure regulator with a union on the inlet side and a 1" female thread on the outlet side, picture below. My pipes are 3/4" copper so I am using a 1" to 3/4" reducer. In addition to the 1" union hardware, the regulator inadvertently came with hardware for a 3/4" union - see...
  12. JK60

The Ultimate Toilet Concept

Are you tired of hearing your spouse say: "We never do anything together." Well, the Toilet Company has a solution
  13. JK60

Deburring Tool Question

The copper pipe deburring tool that I am using is the type that is attached to my pipe cutter. It's not the best and difficult sometimes to use in close quarters. In some instances I just prefer to use a file. I would like to upgrade and was wondering if this type (pictured below) of a...
  14. JK60

Shutting off street water main question?

Is there a trick to shutting off the street water main. I bought a special tool and the tip of the tool broke when I tried to turn the valve. Looks like the tool is made out of aluminum. I tried using a big wrench with a huge screw driver through it for leverage and simply could not budge it...
  15. JK60

PRV Recommendations

I would like to replace my old discontinued Watts U5B PRV in the hope that it will alleviate the water noise problem I am having. What would you professionals recommend? Another Watts PRV such as the 25AUB or N35B, a Wilkins 600, or perhaps another brand? Thank you for the information. Jerry
  16. JK60

Looking for a solution to water noise problem

Whenever any faucet is open in the house there is noise of rushing water in the basement pipes. The noise seems to be predominant at the PRV and at the pipe just above it, but the sound of water can also be heard throughout the rest of the pipes. Could the PRV be causing this noise or are there...
  17. JK60

Water Noise Question

Whenever any faucet is open in the house there is noise of rushing water in the basement pipes. The noise seems to be predominant at the PRV and at the pipe just above it. I've had this problem from day one, bought the house in 1989, and only now have time to really look into this problem...
  18. JK60

Question about hot water delivery system?

I would like to install a Laing hot water delivery system. It would be geared towards one sink in particular. This sink is frequently used and it takes a very long time before hot water arrives. A return line is not an option, so I have to choose between two Laing models the ACT-303-BTW or...
  19. JK60

Water Pressure Question/Problem?

My in-house water supply pressure is set to 50 psi with a PRV. Whenever any faucet is opened the pressure drops to about 40 psi and stays there until the faucet is closed. All my pipes are copper with ¾†pipe coming from the PRV and ½†pipes branching off this pipe to individual faucets...
  20. JK60

Another Expansion Tank Installation Question?

All expansion tank installation illustrations that I've seen show installation of an expansion tank on the cold water side in the immediate vicinity of the water heater. In looking at my water heater there is a location about 8 inches from the heater that is ideal for this install. Ideal that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks