Search results

1. BennyBaby

Access panels kohler whirlpool alcove

I installed a 72inch Kohler Mariposa whirlpool, it is fiberglass and very sound/strong. It was layed into a bed of structo-lite, and the floor of the tub feels like cast iron. I installed a kohler panel in front for service, the panel has "cheesey" fasteners..i.e. velcro, but works well and...
  2. BennyBaby

ceramic disks for Price Fister faucet stems

Good company..I needed ceramic disc and made a phone call. Parts came in two days. 2 new valves came, although I asked for one. Keep the instruction book stored in a safe place. I screwed up disc's during install. I don't think this valve will ever fail, very good design and quality. I...
  3. BennyBaby

Delta 400 Kitchen faucet

Thx for the feedback. The SS inserts look nice and round, no corrosion where they meet the chassis. I probably have pushed everything in too tight before, maybe that is why I felt the need for grease on my second try. Right now everything is loose, if my Mom doesn't get any drips I'll snug it...
  4. BennyBaby

Delta 400 Kitchen faucet

I am having trouble getting my delta 400 to stop leaking. It is a spray divertor model with the #70 stainless ball. It seems the hot starts dripping after some unknown event. The whole assembly can't be more than 4 or 5years old. I installed the the faucet myself and it worked great all these...
  5. BennyBaby

Kohler Bancroft: Any experience?

Take care of that Cimarron Flapper/Hard to find I am here due to flapper problems..I am not sure what is going on yet. I have a Cimmaron tank #3489 one piece, close to 2 years old. The tank has been slowly leaking, I assume it is the flapper. I can't find a flapper(1-11-08) in any stores yet...
  6. BennyBaby

Any suggestions and ideas

Ask a woman about bathtubs...they are the experts. My wife loves to use the jets, She usually uses the full features of the tub when she gets in. We also have an in-line heater that keeps the water from cooling below 104 F, a great feature when you are in the water for more than 20minutes...
  7. BennyBaby

Hj...businesses come and go..I could care less about that supplier in trenton. They also have to compete with the big box stores, that is their problem, not mine, I didn't create it. That store didn't suffer either, I didn't by the tub from them but spent about 3200 dollars on swanstone...
  8. BennyBaby

Bathtub Issues

Have you visited the technical specs page for your tub? It looks like you downloaded the picture from the kohler website..just find your model again and find the rough-in and installation drawings that should be posted there.
  9. BennyBaby

Bathtub Issues

I won't inflame things, but will throw in my two cents. "so-called" professionals, whether they are plumbers, carpenters, landscapers, painters, etc. etc. are very hard to find!!!!! Quadruple Exclamation. Personally, I have given up trying to hire anyone to perform construction, and repairs on...
  10. BennyBaby

I went all out on the bathtub...It is a Mariposa 66" Whirlpool by Kohler. I had to knock out a wall, and make a new wall 6 inches away to install this new longer tub. Of course I had to pull wires to the tub pump, and move the drain and supply back as well. The kohler website has lots to offer...
  11. BennyBaby

Preferred vinyl tile brands/methods

OK update time..I am happy as a bug on a blade of grass! I was getting fed up running from store to store, trying to find a nice style floor in the highest quality vinyls. I was near my wits end, and went to a pro shop, a shop that does this for a living (unlike lowes or HD). He had a nice...
  12. BennyBaby

Price-Phister Shower Valve / hot=cold; cold=hot

Great..just a reminder..if you think anything is damaged, call price and get a replacement. I believe all their stuff has a lifetime warranty. I had a problem with some of their gear, I got some solder balls jammed inside the faucet( my mistake!) called them and they sent me two of what I...
  13. BennyBaby

Jacuzzi Tub Pre-intallation testing ?

I installed a Kohler whirlpool bath, I don't recall reading anything about pre-testing. I installed mine, and before any drywall or anything else went into the room I wired it up, finished the plumbing and tested it out. I ran a garden hose to the tub and filled it to the top. I even made sure...
  14. BennyBaby

How much light and where?

I have already installed a so-called "quiet" nutone fan....It went were the original fan used to be. It doesn't have a light. I have a ceiling fan in the kitchen, it has three 60 watt bulbs underneath it, they seem to provide adequate lighting in a larger room. So I started thinking that three...
  15. BennyBaby

Still thinking..You'll purchase a fiberglass tub that WILL need support underneath. Make sure the studs are in the right place and plumb, the tub will basically be screwed to the studs after you level it. A good plan might be: line-up the tub in position, shim as required to get a good level...
  16. BennyBaby

PS... You better have your wits about you! Your bathroom looks like mine did one year ago. I stripped everything out, and started from scratch. I am worried that you may get depressed and/or overwhelmed, confused, anxious about what you are trying to do. I am a pretty good DIYer, I thought I...
  17. BennyBaby

I recently bought a Kohler whirlpool bath, I am happy with the quality and mechanical operation. I am a pick-up and delivery trucker and visit alot of plumbing supply stores, I am seeing alot of Kohler being moved these days. They are very popular. HOWEVER! I am unhappy about the Kohler...
  18. BennyBaby

How difficult is replacing this bathtub

This thread looks dead, as I see it today. But I'll add that this is a 7 out of 10 on the difficulty scale, maybe an 8.
  19. BennyBaby

Swanstone Panels: Butting ends together on same wall

I think I can get a bead of silicone in the crack, I found a plastic syringe that will dispenese silicone RTV. It is about the size of the two part epoxy syringes you can buy in any hardware store. I wish I had thought of applying the silicone into the first section edge before I butted the...
  20. BennyBaby

Help! Glued down laminate tiles

You need more than a hair dryer. I used a craftsman (sears) heatgun on tiles like that recently. Go to sears and check it out, this heatgun is great for removing tiles, it softens vinyl tiles and glue, and they become easy too scrape up. It is good for removing old paint,It will start a fire, be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks