Search results

1. Hardt

[SOLVED] Can't get this American Standard shower handle off, doesn't seem to be a set screw present

Op, I currently have 2 faucets in use like that and I also have an old spare that I pulled out many years ago. I just looked at it and mine has a slotted set screw that would need about a 3/16" flat blade screwdriver to engage ...look like a #10 size screw. The handle has a rectangular hole...
  2. Hardt

Expansion Tank & System Pressure After New Water Heater (Rising Pressure)

FWIW, recently I got fed up with the low volume of water in my shower so I decided to adjust my pressure reducing valve to 60 psi (I read where Terry said he routinely tweaks prvs to 60 psi from the nominal setting of 50 psi). Much to my surprise, my water pressure was at 120 psi, or at the...
  3. Hardt

Water hammer issue, really need high level professional helps

Ahh... that reason never crossed my mind. Thanks, cacher_chick. I've replaced all my old washer/seat stop valves with quarter-turn ball valves... how quickly we forget the old stuff!
  4. Hardt

Water hammer issue, really need high level professional helps

Well, I am confused. Watson's suggestion to completely open the shutoff valves seems to have fixed the OP's problem but valveman says just the opposite: partially closing the valves will reduce the flowing mass of water and fix the water hammer problem. Intuitively, valveman's theory makes...
  5. Hardt

Caption me! Terry Love style

Ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk? Go ahead and use the Teflon tape on that compression fitting…but it will be the last thing you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Hardt

Tv program "Love it or List it" on HGTV

Ok, thanks for the reality check!!! Yes, what you all say makes sense. This other tv show, Wheelers Dealers, show how a car is purchased and rebuilt & it goes something like this: 3,000 pounds to buy the car, 1,000 pounds for parts and the car is sold for 5,000 pounds and they claim a profit...
  7. Hardt

Tv program "Love it or List it" on HGTV

Whenever I watch this show and the end result of the renovation with a budget of say 85 to 100k, the results just amaze me! I think it should cost twice that much! I think the shows location is somewhere in Canada and I can't believe that labor/material cost is that much cheaper than the U.S...
  8. Hardt

Toto CST744S#01 Toilet Question

Aloha Terry! Great pictures and beautiful new family! It appears that your daughter married a kama'aina (long-time resident). He is even wearing rubber zoris ( flip-flops)!! :) Congrats!
  9. Hardt

Bathroom Exhause Fan Question(s)

I installed the Panasonic FV-08VQ5 WhisperCeiling 80 CFM fan in both my bathrooms a few years ago and I think I made the right choice. My bathrooms are twice the volume as yours and it does the job perfectly. I did some research before I bought them and the guideline was that the fan should do...
  10. Hardt

Problem with leaking bathtub sealing

I don't know if this will help but you might want to read this thread. I used that Lexel sealant that was suggested and I have not had a leak since...and it's been 3 1/2 years now!! It is very stickly stuff! Good luck...
  11. Hardt

When will my sweat joints leak?

Interesting how this thread developed into the question of integrity of a sweated joint in a closed system! Here is my 2 cents worth... I ran into this problem not with plumbing but with the gas tank float in my "93 Ford Explorer. After my suv was about 7 years old the gas gauge gave a false...
  12. Hardt

How to repair a washing-machine tub (plastic, possibly PVC)

Bondo might work, also. Besides auto body repair, I've used it on dry wood termite repair. Never tried it on pvc, however. It's strong stuff and sandable unlike epoxy.
  13. Hardt

Sink drains slow

After replacing my lav faucet a few of months ago, it drained slowly. It drained slowly with the old system, too. When removing the old pop-up assembly, there was a lot of hair & crud snagged onto the bottom of the stopper and I figured that this was the cause of the slow drain so I was...
  14. Hardt

Bathroom sink: Connecting plastic pop-up to metal trap

I recently replaced my lavatory faucet and it came with a brass drain pipe that extends about 5" below the drain hole. The faucet kit also came with the plastic pipe that has the hole and fitting for the pop up lever to go into. This pipe screws unto the brass drain pipe and extends down into...
  15. Hardt

Stop Valve Compression "confusion"

My 2 cents is not about the copper pipe/ stop valve compression fitting (I do believe, as HJ said that you don't have to be too delicate when you tighten this nut) but at the other end... flexible stainless steel supply hose to faucet connection. I think I read on this forum where this nut...
  16. Hardt

Faucet Brands

Delta faucets are one of the brands recommended on this forum because replacement parts are readily available. I've replaced my kitchen faucet with a Delta and recently this Delta Lahara stainless steel bathroom faucet: http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/collection/lahara.html#axzz1bkLVfjjK I...
  17. Hardt

American Standard shower valve

I have the exact model bathroom lavatory faucet and shower valve and I bought them in the early '90's. It is called "ceramix" and the p/n for the cartridge kit from the original installation instruction is 23526.07.007. It appears that they still sell this model although it looks a lot more...
  18. Hardt

Leaking Main Water Valve, can I just replace "innards"?

Giving you advice on this particular problem is beyond my realm of knowledge and experience but I had to compliment you on the beautiful pictures!! Also, I'm going to follow this thread because someone might comment on what that contraption is with the curved pipes going to it is! Good luck...
  19. Hardt

Caulking for rain gutters - need advice.

FWIW, I had the same problem and could not remedy it by caulking. No matter what I used, it would start leaking in a few years. My gutters are aluminum and I suppose it is subject to much expanding and contracting which is hard on caulking. Like you, I was worried about the end cuts of the...
  20. Hardt

Man urinates in water, city flushes 8 million gallons

Hj, yes, I have not been in many restaurant kitchens, much less fixing things in them! This thread reminds me of the comedian (possibly Rodney Dangerfield) whose line goes something like this "Are you crazy???...those critters pee, poop and have sex in the water, you won't catch ME swimming in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks