Search results

1. Shanlar

GAC DLFC Size

Awesome! Thanks ditto. Looks like 9 gpm would be sufficient and a happy medium.
  2. Shanlar

GAC DLFC Size

Would 9 gpm be a correct size for 2.0 cuft?
  3. Shanlar

GAC DLFC Size

I am looking at installing a GAC Filter (CS-HAC) in a 12x52 (2.0 cuft) tank. What size DLFC would I need for my Clack valve?
  4. Shanlar

Upflow valve for a GAC filter?

Found all the info I needed. Thanks for the great archive of posts! :D https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?45439-Softener-neutralizer-questions
  5. Shanlar

What are the potential problems? What is a decent control valve for a GAC system? A Clack, which I have on my WS, seems a bit overkill for a GAC...
  6. Shanlar

Does anyone recommend using an upflow valve in replace of a mechanical backwash valve for a GAC filter?
  7. Shanlar

Copper Pipe Mounted to Stucco?

Great thanks for the quick reply!
  8. Shanlar

Copper Pipe Mounted to Stucco?

Is it ok to mount copper pipe to stucco, as exampled in the picture below?
  9. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

Rinse cycle has 0 hardness. I am going to submit to RMA the bypass as it is only a month old and see if that fixes my issue. Thanks and I appreciate all of the help in this thread!
  10. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

I will attempt this tonight, I am assuming this is the rinse cycle on a Clack valve.
  11. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

If this was happening, wouldn't the water at the bottom of the tank have hardness? When I took the valve off, I used a PE tube all the way down the riser tube and drained the water out like a water bed. This water tested at 0 hardness. We do not use the hose hook ups outside very much; maybe...
  12. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

settle/radid rinse, would this be the backwash mode you are referring to? If so, you are saying to go into regen mode, skip all the way to backwash, and then test the drain water for hardness?
  13. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

I bought the parts from out of state and had them shipped to me. If need be I will call a plumber out, but where is the excitement in a DIY project if you call in the pros to finish the job the moment it gets rough! :) Can you explain how slippage through the resin works? Since the bottom of...
  14. Shanlar

Hard Water Leaking

Ok I am having an issue with hard water getting past my water softener. I have a Clack WS1 with the Clack Bypass. Riser tube is flush with the tank threads, 1.05" tube size, and the seal on the bottom basket appears bonded well. I do have a top basket as well. At the faucet I have about 15...
  15. Shanlar

Clack WS-1 CS Pricing?

This local dealer wants to sell me a 2.0 cuft setup with a brine tank for a 1.0 cuft all for $2k. I could buy all the parts online, except the control valve from him, and still be under that price. He didn't really sound like he knew much about the programming and uses a 3/4" distributor tube...
  16. Shanlar

Clack WS-1 CS Pricing?

Can anyone fill me in on the cost of a Clack WS-1 CS? I have a local dealer quoting me $540 for the valve, bypass, and yoke. This seems overpriced to me as I have seen an entire water softener build by Gary for $622.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks