Search results

1. Steve603

Oil fired hot water heater "popping sounds" Mag oxides from anode?

I have a standard residential (thermaflo 30 gal) oil fired hot water heater that about 9 years old. I replaced the anode 4 years ago and again last year and it was about half corroded away. The water heater has no issues other than an irritating "popping sound" near the end of the firing...
  2. Steve603

Are Floodsafe toilet connectors worth using?

Oops....I should have looked closer... to this link here, question answered, thank you! https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?26673-Watts-Floodsafe-Not-Very!-part-1 Simple question: Are Floodsafe toilet connectors worth using? The shut off if water flow exceeds 2.5 gpm, but I'm...
  3. Steve603

what metal connector to a water heater to prevent galvanic corrosion?

I just replaced an ail fired water heater with a new Bock. I got 15 years out of the old one because I change out the anode rods every 5 years. It still worked fine, but it was creating more and more sediment and chewing up the anodes, so its time had come. 15 years with chlorinated water...
  4. Steve603

Stove pipe question for hot air/oil fired furnace

I've an older (~1986) oil fired hot air furnace that seems solid. The 6" galvanized stove pipe going from the furnace to the chimney has two 90 degree bends. It seems to me that this is a no-no and that there should be two 45 degree bends instead and it's getting a bit ratty looking so I've...
  5. Steve603

Uh oh... Time to throw out two new Toto e-max toilets

*sigh* I just installed two new Tota emax toilets in two apartments, back to back (a percentage of you already know the problem) and though installation went perfectly this morning, the water spot in apartment #2 is gone. The cause is obvious, hidden behind the walls, perhaps to save $2...
  6. Steve603

Bathroom sink, leaking at the pop-up drain connector.

I replaced an old, circa 1982 brass faucet, nice and still working fine but showing corrosion. I happened to have an old (Made in Taiwan, so probably 1980's) faucet. The faucet installed nicely. I installed the drain assembly and where the pop-up "ball and socket" assembly is, I get...
  7. Steve603

Uh oh, a spinner...what to do?

How important is level on a toilet? I'm replacing an old ~1960'ish Mansfield toilet with a Toto Drake. The floor is flat but tilts towards the back (out of level) by less than 1/8th inch. Leave it tilted or use wedges to level it? In other words as long as it is flat and has no wobble to...
  8. Steve603

Somethings are looking up! Suggestions please...

Yes, somethings in life these days are positive... --my water bill is amazingly positive (currently as much each month as it was when I bought my apartment houses). Few townspeople water their lawns anymore. --The new (largely unknown by rental owners) Depreciation Recovery Tax which means I...
  9. Steve603

Stinky (sewer gas) Kohler only in the summer...

I have a triplex, each has Kohler toilet. It was the model that got highest recommendations from Consumer Reports about 10 years ago. All work fine except the one in the bottom apartment. That one works fine also except only in the summer, when the apartment windows are open, it exudes a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks