Search results

1. Rjh2o

Replacing Media on my H2S+iron filter.

The basket on the bottom of the fleck valve is not designed to be removed once it is installed. It is there to prevent media from being backwashed out during regeneration. You can clean it with a brush and just flush it with water. It generally gets plugged with precipitated iron and can cause...
  2. Rjh2o

Advice selecting and installing water softener

I would have to agree that the Fleck 9100 sxt 1.5 cuft system would be your best option, in this application. And it will be much more efficient in salt and water usage along with accommodating your hectic schedule. if you are going to have an inline filter I would suggest it goes before the...
  3. Rjh2o

Fleck 5600 Timer Always Off

When the main piston shaft starts to get corroded (Teflon coating gets worn away) it causes the piston to be increasingly harder to cycle during regeneration. This in consequence causes a lot of drag on the drive/timer motor causing the system to lose time, running at odd times of day and...
  4. Rjh2o

A couple of culligan super s questions

This unit is for Iron and H2S removal. CIM Media is simply Centaur carbon (CIM is the culligan brand) Culsan is their under bedding (gravel) . You can get Centaur at many on-line suppliers and gravel underbedding. When u re-bed the tank make sure you clean the distributor tube also before...
  5. Rjh2o

Help to ID Culligan and program

This is a Culligan Gold series. The programming is the same as the Gold, Silver series model. The question is: Is this an Aqua Sensor model or Metered model? The 14 day setting is only the override days. Meaning if the unit does not regenerate in that time frame it will automatically override...
  6. Rjh2o

Pressure differential from well submersible pump

Thank you Valveman, I appreciate the explanation. That makes sense and helps explain the pressure differential I have been experiencing. I do have a 40/60 switch currently so I will switch back to the 30/50 and install the CSV. Greatly appreciate your help, RJ
  7. Rjh2o

The 40/60 switch is working properly and gauge is working properly. I get over 20gpm from well. The static water level is 30', Pump is set at 80'. So I would agree that draw down in the well could be an issue, but I have noticed this problem much more this year, which has been a very wet year...
  8. Rjh2o

I have a 4" 110ft well (PVC casing, 30ft static water level, pump is set at 80ft) with a 1/2 HP submersible pump, 40/60 switch and a well X-trol 302 bladder tank (set to the proper pre-charge pressure, 38psi). At times I experience a water pressure differential that seems to be about 7-10psi...
  9. Rjh2o

Black Water Mystery

Have you had the water tested, before and after the softener? That black stuff in the toilets may very well be manganese. You will be spending as much for the media to rebed the system as it would be to purchase a new WaterBoss. RJH2O
  10. Rjh2o

Culligan Super S not pulling bleach

The media for these tanks is Centaur Carbon. If it is the newer style with a center opening tank then you simply need to dump out old media, add gravel bed and appropriate amount of centaur (1 1/2 cu ft for 10x54 tank), being careful to not get anything down the distributor tube/manifold. If...
  11. Rjh2o

Water Filtration Education

Wow! There truly is NO sunshine on the dark side of the moon. You have my sympathy on your dark, cynical, retired demeanor. Let there be LIGHT!
  12. Rjh2o

You gain "experience" by applying what you've learned and the knowledge that comes with that. Part of that experience/knowledge comes from learning from others. Which I expect many have done from this forum. It sounds as though this gentleman is already considered a "professional"in his...
  13. Rjh2o

The WQA is a great place to start. You can order one of their books on water treatment to study application, water chemistry, etc. and get a great jump on your competition with knowledge and experience that otherwise would require many years of trial and error and a lot of misinformation in the...
  14. Rjh2o

Help with Culligan Silver Series

They NEVER keep the programming! It always resets to factory settings and if a power surge happened it may have fried the board sending a signal to constantly regenerate particularly if there was a signal to regen that evening. Unplug it for 2 minutes, plug back in and set hardness according to...
  15. Rjh2o

Brown water morning after regeneration cycle

Have it regenerate more frequently. Lower the salt dose. RJ
  16. Rjh2o

Mark 100 problem?

Most likely a plugged outlet manifold. Use to be a pretty common problem with Culligan units. Pull the outlet manifold, clean it and re-install RJ
  17. Rjh2o

Newly Installed Water Softner/RO

He,s not doing you any favors. He should have pulled the head off the softener too see how much resin was lost and rebedded or add resin to bring system back to full capacity. You also have resin in the water heater now and is almost impossible to get out by flushing. Make sure you check the...
  18. Rjh2o

Do I need a softener?

Wow Gary, for someone that is suppose to be retired you certainly are stressed! Perhaps you need to find a hobby to chill out. RJ2O
  19. Rjh2o

CR100 with KDF-85

As was mentioned earlier, the KDF is very heavy and will lay on top of the CR100 because the media can not be lifted properly when backwashing to cause the KDF to settle to the bottom. Take the end of a broom handle and poke holes in the top of the media (as suggested) then run the system...
  20. Rjh2o

CR100 with KDF-85

Changing the backwash time will accomplish nothing to combat "smell" with this system. One of 3 problems is causing the smell issue. Either they did not add the proper amount of KDF (28lbs per 10x54 tank), the chlorine generator is set too low (yes it is adjustable) or there is bacterial...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks