Search results

1. Eric3872

Fin tube Installation Help

Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten around to doing this yet. The existing supply is actually 1" PEX. Not sure what you mean by connect them as a single run. The supply is from the floor above, so the top tier would be fed first, or they'd both be fed simultaneously. My initial thought...
  2. Eric3872

Please Critique My Wiring Diagram

Ok... Here's my plan B. I've revised the diagram. I'll have to spend some more time demoing the ceiling but I've got an extra slot I can use, so I'm going to use two circuits. I'll run 2 wire cable to the switches and 3-wire between dimmers. The lights will be at the end of the run. I need...
  3. Eric3872

Right now there are two lights on the same circuit. They are controlled by two separate single pole switches. I want to put them both on three ways and be able to control them independently. It sounds like having more than one 3 way on a circuit is not a good idea so I will wire another circuit...
  4. Eric3872

I understand. I'm going to run the power through the power through the switches. I've decided to split this up into two circuits and will follow your advise from post three.
  5. Eric3872

Thanks for the info. I've got two sets of these lutron 3 way dimmers. They are a master and slave configuration. I guess I assumed if each set was controlling a separate fixture, they wouldn't interfere with each other even if they were in the same circuit.
  6. Eric3872

Thanks for the responses. Any thoughts on how to simplify this? I've thought about running the power to the switch first rather than the fixture but that will involve longer runs and a lot more ceiling demo.
  7. Eric3872

I am about to start rewiring the lighting in my kitchen. Right now I've got four lights on one circuit controlled by two separate single pole switches (two sets of two lights, each with a separate switch). Currently it's set up with 12/2 wire to the first fixture with the switches at the end...
  8. Eric3872

Fin tube Installation Help

I am replacing a single tube hot water baseboard with a two tier unit unit in my kitchen. The supply comes from above on the right side and the return is on the left going down to the floor below. If I have a two tiered setup, should the supply be split to feed each tube simultaneously, or is...
  9. Eric3872

Help with wiring diagram

Thanks Cacher Chick. I am planning on replacing the 14/2 with 12ga wire. So, you are saying I cannot have two sets of 3way switches on a single feed from the 20amp circuit? I'd need to run them each on individual circuits?
  10. Eric3872

Help with wiring diagram

I have some 12/3 MC cable laying around, but I might buy some new NM for ease of installation.
  11. Eric3872

Help with wiring diagram

Currently the 4 fixtures are wired with 14/2 BX from a 20amp breaker with the single pole switch at the end of the run. I will rewire if necessary back to the breaker box, but I'd like to use the single circuit on the 20 amp rather than using another slot. I'm hoping to splice the power source...
  12. Eric3872

Help with wiring diagram

I'm hoping someone can help me with a wiring diagram or some input on a rewiring project I'm doing in my kitchen. I have two sets of fixtures that are on a single circuit and controlled by a single pole switch (4 fixtures total) with the fixtures at the beginning of the run. I would like to...
  13. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

They are being completely removed. They feed outlets that are not being used. There are at least 4 dedicated circuits on this panel that feed outlets for window air conditioners. The previous owner must have had air conditioners in every window. I am removing two of these dedicated circuits...
  14. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

The main feed wires are definitely larger than #10. They are not labeled, so I can't tell what gauge, but they are at least twice the thickness of everything else in the panel.
  15. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

There does not appear to be a separate ground connection to either bus.
  16. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

I am removing two of the tandem circuits to make room for the 30 amp breaker. So there will not be any additional load added to the panel.
  17. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

This is a sub panel I believe. It's a multi-family house There are three electric meters with main panels in the basement for each apartment. This one is located in the apartment. Believe it or not, this is a new panel with new service throughout within the past couple years. The contractor...
  18. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

I see. Here they are:
  19. Eric3872

Grounding Bus Questions

You have all been really helpful with your advice and suggestions. I'm wiring a new clothes dryer and am at the final step. I've run into a snag. I ran 10/3 from a new 30amp outlet. I have a 2pole 30 amp breaker ready to add to my panel (I'll be freeing up a slot by adding a 20amp tandem to...
  20. Eric3872

Circuit Breaker Question

Not sure I understand what you're suggesting. This breaker is 1". It will only take one slot. Are you saying I could replace one of my single pole 15amp breaker with this one and combine the circuits from two of them into it to create the extra space?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks