Search results

1. jimolson

What Causes Repetitive Water Hammering?

Repetitive Water Hammering: Problem Resolved I resolved the problem I posed to the forum last week. When I removed the 39 gallon low boy electric water heater it gave me better view of a tight nest of copper piping secluded in the closet wall behind it. The nest of pipes included a pressure...
  2. jimolson

Tankless Water Heaters: Safety Certifications?

Thanks for the feedback, Don. The suggestion about posting to the electrical forum is a good one. A ground fault interrupter probably wouldn't work with a tankless water heater of the kind I describe. The continuous and intentional current leakage into the grounding wire would trip the GFI as...
  3. jimolson

What Causes Repetitive Water Hammering?

I have a condo with a 10 year old, 40 gallon electric water heater. I have city-supplied water. Obviously I'm due for a new water heater real soon. I live in a region with very hard tap water. Whenever a water valve is open in the condo (toilet, sink, or washing machine) there is a...
  4. jimolson

Tankless Water Heaters: Safety Certifications?

I'm an electrical engineer whose job requires me to design and submit 240/277VAC power control products to Underwriters Laboratories for safety approval. To do my job I have to maintain constant vigilance on where the current goes when stuff gets hooked up wrong or wires accidentally break...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks