Search results

1. TomWS

Can anyone explain to me why a shower requires a 2" waste?

I'm converting an OLD bathroom (cast iron claw foot tub - original) to a shower enclosure and find the waste line is 1 1/2". It's well vented, but, looking at the code, a Shower requires a 2" waste even though it's only rated at 2 DFUs. Can someone please explain this to me? To me, the...
  2. TomWS

Septic Connection for Half Bath in new outbuilding

I am building a workshop with a half bath (two sinks and a WC). The workshop is located about 75 from the existing house, which has a septic tank system. The septic tank and workshop are on opposite sides of the house and the workshop is about 5-6 feet in elevation above the house main floor...
  3. TomWS

Is this stack up legal?

The house was built in 2006 so could be either UPC 2006 or earlier. If we ignore the metal strap hangers and the wire dangling under the pipe, is the Wye and the 45 degree stack a proper setup? It seems 'unusual' to me... The reason I ask is that I'm about to get some additional plumbing...
  4. TomWS

When to use Grinder vs Sewage Ejector Pump?

I am building a workshop with a half bath about 75-100 feet from my main house. The workshop is on the same side of the house as the septic tank (approximately 50-75ft away from the tank inlet) but the problem is, with the grade of the property, the workshop is not high enough above the level of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks