Search results

1. Beamar

4" to 5" DWV in PVC

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a 4" to 5" in PVC for the DWV. I have a 4" lead setup that was never setup right. I had have the adp to switch it over to PVC and plan to route it out the roof correctly. In Chicago, it must increase in size by 1" before coming out of the roof...
  2. Beamar

remodeling bathroom and have some questions

Well I have most of the demo done. What I am thinking of doing to fix my main stack code problem is to add some wood to the current 2x4 construction behind the toilet. One I bump it out to 2x6, I will use 2 45* PVC pipes to move the stack into the wall then run it strait up out of the roof...
  3. Beamar

I am aware of this. But there is not much I can do about it. I am sure there are TONS of things in this house that no longer meet code. There isn't much I can do short of tearing it down and starting fresh....
  4. Beamar

Wow, thanks for the heads up.
  5. Beamar

Jimbo, you are correct. I believe that is how the house is ATM. Everything wet vents through the stack. There is another vent on the otherside of the house, but I don't believe any of the bathroom's connect to it. What I will most likely do is run an extra tube down the wall for the vent and cap...
  6. Beamar

how the stack is currently. You can see whenever they added the dormer, they didn't make it quite wide enough. So the stack falls in the middle of the wall.
  7. Beamar

Well from what I have read, seems like all vents coming out of the roof must be 4". Can I remove the top half of my current stack and run PVC in the attic more to get it out of the middle of my wall?? In other words can I add like a 45 or two just for the venting, or does it need to be in a...
  8. Beamar

Ofcourse I will have a permit. I don't understand why most of this site is anti-DIY?!? You know it's bad when MODS are on here bashing people. I think I'll just head over to a DIY forum...
  9. Beamar

here are some pics of the current vents
  10. Beamar

I plan to do it myself. To be honest I just don't have the cash to pay a plumber. On a side note, this bathroom was done by the prev homeowner, who was a licenced plumbers for over 30 years. Just because you hire a plumber, doesn't mean it will be done right....(I bet most of the plumbers here...
  11. Beamar

Remodeling my second floor bathroom and adding a shower. Main reason for the remodel is the plumbing in the floor was leaking every time someone used the sink. The house is from I believe 1952, But you can tell someone added the dormer for the bathroom at a later time, not sure when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks