Search results

1. Greatwhitewing

Below Grade Sink/Toilet Education Please..

I am considering a sink below grade so I will need a pump. I want to be able to put flushable cat litter through if it's all possible. I assume I need a toilet grade pump for this task. I would like advice on this potential project please. I plan to put a standard laundry type free standing...
  2. Greatwhitewing

Help with HWH COntrols

I have this Honeywell control for indirect my HWH. I want to raise the temp but I can't read where I line up the numbers to. This is partly poor lighting, partly old eyes and partly poor access. It's tucked away a bit behind the boiler and can't see the other side. Can I loosen that screw in...
  3. Greatwhitewing

Power-Pipe, Effectiveness of drain water heat recovery systems ???

Considering installing one but not sure if the claims are accurate for effectiveness or if it's simply "snake oil". My current shower drain is 2" but I can use an entire floor below the shower for length. So I could use an 78 or 82 inch version from Power Pipe Claims it's 53-56% efficient...
  4. Greatwhitewing

New Install Help Please

In the springtime had installed Viesmann Vitronic 100 and Superstor 45 gallon indirect water heater. Shower is delta Carlisle rated at 2.5 + 2.5 GPM. Water heater on priority zone. Boiler has outdoor reset setback controls. Installed by very reputable contractor. Oil fired. WH was set to 130 and...
  5. Greatwhitewing

Power Pipe Really Work?

Looking at a 60"-72" long 2" power pipe hooked up to my shower only in a wall on the first floor between the shower on second floor and basement where the boiler is. Does the thing really work as advertised? http://www.renewability.com/general/residential.html We have 4-5 people showering...
  6. Greatwhitewing

Help With Quotes for NEW Oil Boiler

First of thanks for all your help over the past few weeks. I learned a lot... I have my oil usage of 775 gallons for winter 09-10 and 1107 for all of 09. 720 gallons for 10-11 winter with 987 for 2010 total. 430 so far 2011 total. Still don't have heat load calculations in hand, might be in...
  7. Greatwhitewing

Professional Opinions of Weil McClain Ultra UO-3 Oil??

In combo with Advanced Feature Module and Ultra Plus 40 Indirect HWH? Riello Burner. http://www.weil-mclain.com/en/our-products/boilers/oil-fired-boiler/ultra-oil-boiler.aspx Have a quote in for this boiler that's in the game and the brochure looks really nice (sarcasm). Still waiting...
  8. Greatwhitewing

Pipe Insulation

Did a quick search didn't see what I was looking for What are the various types of piping insulation with their strengths and weaknesses? Foam looks cheapest? Does it make sense to insulate hydronic baseboards lines NOT in the zone they are servicing ie in the basement? Return runs...
  9. Greatwhitewing

Shorter Power Pipe?

http://www.renewability.com/ Is there a shorter 3 inch version around 18-19 long from a good company? That's all I have available on my stack but sure like the idea of it. Does it make sense to use it for ONLY the shower drain water? I would be missing the hot gray water from the sinks...
  10. Greatwhitewing

Indirect vs Storage HW Tanks

I have talked to 4-5 professionals in the heating business. Three oil companies that install Boilers and tanks and two so-called energy companies who don't sell oil but design and install systems. I have quite a mixed bag of opinions although the majority favor indirect, two of the guys said...
  11. Greatwhitewing

Outdoor Reset Controls- Worth it?

Sounds like a dumb question but one thing I have learned about this business is there are opinions on every possible side of a subject. I though reset was a no-brainer. Plan on replacing 20+ year old tankless oil boiler by Burnham. Going with indirect or storage HW. Not really a thread on...
  12. Greatwhitewing

Delta and Tankless HWH Solutions

Hi, first post but did do some searching. Have an oil fired Burham with a tank-less HW system. Short run of 1/2 copper tubing to the shower. My boiler is old and will need to be replaced in the near future. Hoping it lasts till next spring. My boiler runs about 180 with a tempering valve that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks