Search results

1. dz63

Trap Primer - Advice Requested

Guys I am replacing a counter-top and 3 basins/facets in our church washroom. Planning to use china basins with Moen L64600 single lever lav facets. One of the 20 year old existing facets has what looks like a trap primer. See photo below. There is a 1/4" OD or 3/8" OD flexible copper tube...
  2. dz63

Closest Toto Color to American Standard Bone?

I currently have an American Standard bone toilet and bone basin in a washroom. Replacing the toilet with a Toto. Toto offers beige, bone, colonial white and cotton. Which color will most closely matches American Standard bone?
  3. dz63

What is the correct way to fix this?

I got the condensate drain re-routed from the 3" ABS drain stack to the laundry tub today. There is now much more slope in the condensate line to the laundry tub. The installation looks very neat and tidy and went off without a hitch. Now there will be no more risk of the sewage backing up...
  4. dz63

Got it. Thank you for your advice.
  5. dz63

Thank you for the explanation. I was not familiar with repair couplings, only the regular coupling with the stop in it. Can I slide the repair coupling up and down on the 3" stack pipe and glue anywhere in place, or is the ID of the repair coupling slightly tapered like a regular coupling? I...
  6. dz63

Thank you for your advice. I never even considered the trap drying out. I will lose about 1" of the stack when I cut out the fitting. Can I "bridge the gap" with a 3" ABS coupling, or do I need to cut out a larger section of pipe and glue in another piece of 3" ABS pipe using two couplings?
  7. dz63

My in-laws had a new furnace installed a few years ago. The heating contractor tied the CVPC drain lines for the AC evaporator and the humidifier into the main stack by drilling and tapping a hole into the 3" vertical ABS stack pipe. They then screwed a CPVC fitting into the stack and sealed...
  8. dz63

Elongated vs. Round Bowl

To summarize, elongated bowls 1) fit men better (1.5" longer). 2) cost more. 3) may have a lower MaP in some cases. Two questions: 1) Skid marks - any difference with elongated vs. round bowls? 2) Toilet seats - More choice for round bowls? More cost for elongated bowls?
  9. dz63

Elongated vs. Round Bowl

What is the advantage and/or disadvantage to each type? Most new homes have always come with round bowls.
  10. dz63

Tiled access doors

Here's how to create an access hatch. 1) Cut a hole in the plywood skirt (make sure your framing and tiles are strategically located = takes some planning) 2) Install some backer boards. 3) Thinset the tiles to the plywood that you just cut out. For best results, use unmodified thinset...
  11. dz63

Replacement Tub Questions

Winslow - thanks for your quick responses. Re-plumbing the drain is no problem - basement below is unfinished. The toilet is very close to the tub now - my guess is 15" or less. I will have to take some more measurements. What is the reason for 15"?
  12. dz63

Replacement Tub Questions

My in-laws have a steel tub that is rusting on the side skirt. I have offered to replace the tub with a new one. Took some measurements tonight and discovered that the distance between the two walls at the front and rear of the tub measures 58 3/4" plus or minus 1/4". This is from surface of the...
  13. dz63

Dishwasher installation questions

1) Can anyone post a link to a photo of a dishwasher "air gap" fitting so that I can see what they look like. 2) Is it necessary to use a "Y" shaped 1 1/2" ABS fitting where drain connection is made to "direct" the drain water in the correct direction? 3) Any recommendations on whether to...
  14. dz63

No garbage disposer or DW drain currently in place.
  15. dz63

Jeffreyhel, thank you for your quick response! :) 1) Can anyone post a link to a photo of a dishwasher "air gap" fitting so that I can see what they look like. 2) Is it necessary to use a "Y" shaped 1 1/2" ABS fitting where drain connection is made to "direct" the drain water in the...
  16. dz63

I have a few easy questions about installing a dishwasher. 1) Home Depot sells a dishwasher drain hose that is a white corrugated plastic with molded on black rubber boots on both ends. It seems to me that this is hose is very light duty. Is this reliable or should I search for something...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks