Search results

1. Steve42

Aquasource One Piece Toilet 3” flush valve repair

Thanks, Terry. My friend was able to fabricate a replacement piece out of aluminum in his workshop. I’ll still be replacing the toilet, but hopefully this repair will last a couple of months while we recover from the basement damage
  2. Steve42

Aquasource One Piece Toilet 3” flush valve repair

Let me begin by saying I know this isn’t a quality product and I should really replace it. I plan to, but we just had a separate issue result in a flooded basement and I can’t deal with a two-front battle. Our master bathroom toilet has been running and flushing. My wife asked to have the...
  3. Steve42

1999-2000 era Crane Toilet leaking past flapper, frequently refilling

Right now, if I can repair it for under $25, it's better for me to keep it. This bathroom is based on a predecessor to the Zoeller 103-0008 Model WD270 Qwik Jon 103 Pump System and the toilet is mounted atop the tank. When my daughter graduates from college and moves out, assuming that I...
  4. Steve42

Anyone else got more ideas? My daughter is tiring of turning the toilet supply on and off every time.
  5. Steve42

Are you saying I should have the hose spray directly into the tank OUTSIDE the overflow tube? Otherwise, the hose end is already above the top of the tube. The black part you see extending into the tube is a part of the clip, not a part of the hose.
  6. Steve42

The Korky #2003 has a plastic flush valve seat that is installed with a healthy dose of silicone to the existing tank seat, so it has a smooth surface. I verified the chain has enough slack but not enough to get under the flapper (as pictured). Yeah, this toilet's been installed for about 20...
  7. Steve42

I got enough light to get a decent picture and saw that the tank is #4471 as well.
  8. Steve42

This is the one I bought. It doesn't have a ring: https://www.korky.com/products/flapper-seal-replacements-flush-valve-replacements/2-universal-flush-valve-repair-kit I'll get some pics when I get home.
  9. Steve42

My daughter has a basement bedroom in our home. The bathroom was added by the previous owner shortly after the house was built. It has a pumping system because it is below the septic tank inlet. We began noticing that the pump would kick on when we were in bed at night, even when she was away at...
  10. Steve42

Shower Drain leaking after exuberant cleaning!

I know there's been a lot of conversation in this thread, so I don't expect everyone to have read it all, but I am following the advice others have given and installing a BruCo Easy Install Shower Drain, so there won't be a nut to install below. I linked to the manufacturer's installation video...
  11. Steve42

I got the old drain removed tonight. The gap between the drain side and the 2" drain pipe was too small for the mini hacksaw, so I used a 5/16" drill bit to nibble away at the lower lip of the drain and the smallest chisel I own to attack the outer wall of the drain. It took about 15 minutes of...
  12. Steve42

The wife asked me to verify that I could not get to the shower drain from underneath, so I used my poor mans's inspection camera (iPhone and a 8 foot pole along with a couple of elastic bands) to snake back into the wall following the drain pipe. You can see from this video that the shower pan...
  13. Steve42

That's what I'm thinking too. The strange thing is that the piece you see moving in the video was loose at all. We didn't move it around until I started trying to figure out how to remove it, and it was moving like that as soon as I tried. How that didn't leak before, I don't know... I know...
  14. Steve42

She reinstalled it after it came up, but it leaked after that. I don't recall ever seeing any caulk around that piece that is now spinning. Do you recommend trying to lift and spin the piece in an attempt top get the nut to tighten up some, reinsert the gasket, and caulk the outer ring?
  15. Steve42

OK, my wife has verified that the larger part (labeled "A" in Reach4's version of the picture) is the part that came out. I find myself wondering if it was not originally fitted inside the bottom lip of the drain cover acting as a funnel into the drain pipe and when she pressed it further down...
  16. Steve42

I actually like the look of that one better than the WingTite. Something about a real person and product in the video rather than the special effects version.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks