Search results

1. Shimmies99

pump for hot water heater

OK, you've given me some places to start my research. My neighbor said what she had installed was a "pump", cost about 40 dollars and was simple enough that her son could install it (not sure what the implication was there.) I don't know if any of those things were completely accurate or just...
  2. Shimmies99

Random sewer gas smell

I had random sewer gas smell in a bathroom, but I think it came from an unused shower. When water would dry out in the traps we'd get sewer smell, then someone would use shower or I ran water in shower and it went away. Is it from an unsued sink or shower maybe?
  3. Shimmies99

hot water heater pump

It takes a long time for hot water to make it to my kitchen downstairs or my shower upstairs. My neighbor showed me a pump placed inline with water supply that she'd had installed. She had to plug it in with each use, but it reduced time and water flow waiting for hot water. I'd never heard of...
  4. Shimmies99

pump for hot water heater

**sorry, should have posted in different forum** I don't know how to remove this posting though. It takes a long time for hot water to make it to my kitchen downstairs or my shower upstairs. My neighbor showed me a pump placed inline with water supply that she'd had installed. She had to plug...
  5. Shimmies99

Replacing toilet advice needed from the experts

i came to same conclusion after reading this forum checking out the link to the CA map ratings, etc. I had plumber install, including new flange? thingy in the ground since the old was broken. Plus it needed shimming, my floors are really cattywampus. I am so happy about my new potty I'm about...
  6. Shimmies99

Installing TOTO

I had my Drake 2 installed today. My floors are really cattywampus and my TOTO needed lots of shimming. I think my plumbers did a nice job and I am happy I used a plumber. I will let you know how satisfied we are once we are up and running, but so far I am quite happy. To other poster, it...
  7. Shimmies99

Getting rid of tree stumps, and make them stop growing

In VA, at boyfriends mountain home, I've purchased Stump Killer (or something like that) at Lowes or HD. We applied it to the stumps then left them for about 4 months. Then came back and was able to kick, tug push pull out the skinny tree stumps, and there was no growth on the bigger ones...
  8. Shimmies99

Cleaning a CEFIONTECT surface Cefiontect

Can I use regular bowl cleaner, tidy bowl, lysol whatever- to safely clean sana gloss toto? It says don't use acid or alkaline, but I assume they mean extreme acid or alkaline such as pure bleach. thanks
  9. Shimmies99

Installing TOTO

ha ha, thanks for the advice, I agree. Thanks also to Terry for response. I will let you all know how it all turns out.
  10. Shimmies99

Installing TOTO

I see a thread for installing Toto Drake II, a genuine plumber would have no issue or need of instructions, correct? It is intended for homeowners and do it yourself-ers? I am an excited owner of new Drake II which I was able to purchase in my area after a little research. NEXT showroom even...
  11. Shimmies99

Which TOTO?

Seven feet wrote: My wife is getting a Ph.D. in Environmental Management..... ha ha I thought you were joking, I've been accused of getting a degree in textiles when I bought carpet, trying to be a GC when I did floor repair and now I'm being raked over the coals for toilet shopping But your...
  12. Shimmies99

Which TOTO?

Drake, Drake II, or Eco Drake? I was ok with Drake but wanted CEFIONTECT (worth it?) but the only ones on hand at plumbing supply with SG were the Drake II and the Eco Drake. I am weary of potty shopping and have been accused of being anal. Which, frankly, seems appropriate. get it? sorry. I...
  13. Shimmies99

need help with finding particular size

OK, I am not really a DIYer so the pick up and move the toilet and replace the seal doesn't appeal to me, but you have made it sound more attractive and do-able than I was thinking. I am going to pass on the Neptune, not many reviews about performance to suit me.
  14. Shimmies99

it is worse actually. to install the washer it slide in front of the toilet and shimmies over. then the dryer slides hands. So if I need to repair my washing machine I have to move the dryer. I hope I don't have to repair either 1 for a long time. tent sale at upscale hardware plumbing supply...
  15. Shimmies99

I need a new toilet that has a max distance of less than 17 inches from drain to front tip of toilet, in order to accommodate a dryer sliding past in front of it. I am thinking Toto Drake (16.5) for flush, Dalton for high profile comfort, Kohler San Raphael would fit...(16 5/8) from what I can...
  16. Shimmies99

need small area toilet

I need a toilet for a half bath+ laundry area. The washer and dryer have to slide in front of the toilet to be installed and there isn't enough space for the dryer to get through, I need 27 in at least. For this reason, I am looking beyond basic shopping toilets, I need small dimension but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks